2000 Kat has spark, fuel, won't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
    Thanks krey, that helps a lot
    According to the diagrams, the coils are grounded through the sparkplugs. If the bodies were grounded they should have showed that in the diagram... would have helped a lot.
    I'll swap batteries from the running bike and check on using a relay.
    Thanks again
    Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
    No, the spark plugs are grounded through the spark plugs, and the diagram shows that. The diagram in the sticky doesn't show a ground for the coils at all, which I agree kind of sucks.

Going back a couple of posts you said . Does that mean while cranking the battery dropped to 9 volts?
    The coil ground is like an outlet box... it's a ground incase something goes wrong. It's not part of the "circuit"... the circuit ground is through the plug wires and into the plugs, and the reason you get the major spark... or jolt if your holding said plug and testing it...

Sorry I wasn't clearer on that.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      The coil ground is like an outlet box... it's a ground incase something goes wrong. It's not part of the "circuit"... the circuit ground is through the plug wires and into the plugs, and the reason you get the major spark... or jolt if your holding said plug and testing it...

Sorry I wasn't clearer on that.

Krey
      The high tension ground is through the plug....secondary is through the coil body. Remember, there are effectively two different circuits in the coils.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        The high tension ground is through the plug....secondary is through the coil body. Remember, there are effectively two different circuits in the coils.

My... terminology sucks in regards to electrical stuff... it's why I normally point and ask BadFaerie to "fix it!"....

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well all I can blame it on is a low battery... I managed to get it to fire some with starting fluid so I hooked up the tank and got it to idle without the choke on in about 10 seconds.
          Need to hookup the air filter and synch them.
          Pretty happy, really appreciate you guys helping me out. Sorry I wasted your time with something stupid, but I always have ghost issues when assembling a vehicle. I'll blame it on the battery!

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

[ame]http://youtu.be/NjxZ5dScq5s[/ame]

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

It sounds pretty good other than maybe adjusting the valves and vac syncing the carbs

Comment

Video was taken right after syncing them
                Valves probably need adjusting, really don't want to....

Comment

Its to bad you're not a little closer, Because I dont want to do mine either but
                  I have to this week after my intake o-rings come in.
                  Remember to resync after adjusting them.

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                    Its to bad you're not a little closer, Because I dont want to do mine either but
                    I have to this week after my intake o-rings come in.
                    Remember to resync after adjusting them.
                    Its one of those things (like rebuilding a specific carb) that's a pita the first time but after that it takes like 1\4 the time.
                    I noticed you were in Zeeland, nice to know other Michigan people are on here
                    Actually in the car right now on my way to lansing to go to a comedy club.
                    What year Kat you have?
                    Last edited by Lykkan; 04-07-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah there are a couple of us in the state but we all seem to be spaced out pretty good.
                      I have an 01 750

Comment

nice
                        I haven't ridden a Kat or any 600 yet. Is the 750 a good balance of weight\power?

Comment

750s rock. More comfortable than a 600, more power than a 600 and they feel way more planted. After riding a 750 for a few years I sat on a 600 and it felt like a toy.

'Course now that I've got an 1100...
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            750s rock. More comfortable than a 600, more power than a 600 and they feel way more planted. After riding a 750 for a few years I sat on a 600 and it felt like a toy.

'Course now that I've got an 1100...
                            nice
                            Maybe someday I'll hop up to a bigger bike. Honestly I had a minibike since I was 5 and I've road a dirtbike once for like an hour, so I need some hours under my belt on a real bike first!

Comment

I wouldnt trade my 750 for a 600 thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                                I wouldnt trade my 750 for a 600 thats for sure
                                ...you sure? :bunny2

Comment

Working...
                                X