X

i dont like the new gsxf 650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont like the new gsxf 650

i went to the motorcycle show in novi michigan and saw alot of bikes, and there was the gsxf (the new katana) and i didnt like it much... the big reason is there is no katana lable just gsxF. it is alright but i like the katana name.. it might have been better with out the big F on the bike. and i really dont like the faring on it... I dont know the front light looks alright. but kinda wish for the katana name on it.. also saw the b king and thats a sight for sore eyes too... i still like the busa and the gsxr's nice color to em both...
    02 Suzuki Katana 750
    05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Originally posted by tankman1331 View Post
    i went to the motorcycle show in novi michigan and saw alot of bikes, and there was the gsxf (the new katana) and i didnt like it much... the big reason is there is no katana lable just gsxF. it is alright but i like the katana name.. it might have been better with out the big F on the bike. and i really dont like the faring on it... I dont know the front light looks alright. but kinda wish for the katana name on it.. also saw the b king and thats a sight for sore eyes too... i still like the busa and the gsxr's nice color to em both...

EXCEPT for the pre's, WHEN did the XF ever have a Katana badge identifying it as so?

b king...meh!!!!!
    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

JAJAJ I also like the KATANA name it sounds goodddddddddd.... But I like that new gsxf it looks goodddddddddddd....

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
        EXCEPT for the pre's, WHEN did the XF ever have a Katana badge identifying it as so?

b king...meh!!!!!
        are u talking of the xf 500? because thats what it looks like kinda
        02 Suzuki Katana 750
        05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caribbean_barbie View Post
          JAJAJ I also like the KATANA name it sounds goodddddddddd.... But I like that new gsxf it looks goodddddddddddd....
          +1

are u talking of the xf 500? because thats what it looks like kinda
          b king? nah, it's just a naked Busa, although I don't like it's appearance

xf 500?
          Last edited by DayKat; 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by caribbean_barbie View Post
            at last good vibes

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
              at last good vibes
              Down Boy, down!!! (avtar and all)

Comment

Down Boy, down!!! (avtar and all)

Comment

Really though...
                  I like the look, I like the style, I like the FI, BUT, I'm paraniod about the water cool.
                  Good for an auto, but in my belief, not so good for a bike on the street.
                  Longevity wise I'm saying...

I say watercool = more $ for what is is worth compared to oil cooled.

Can I get an AMEN????
                  Last edited by DayKat; 01-05-2008, 08:29 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Really though...
                    I like the look, I like the style, I like the FI, BUT, I'm paraniod about the water cool.
                    Good for an auto, but in my belief, not so good for a bike on the street.
                    Longevity wise I'm saying...

I say watercool = more $ for what is is worth compared to oil cooled.

Can I get an AMEN????
                    Don't think so, bro. By water-cooling a bikes engine you get more HP's, longer life on the engine because of the water cooling system, and better reliability short and long term.

What I've experienced from the air cooled and air-oil cooled bikes that I've owned is that when they get too hot they lose a little bit of power as a result of high volume traffic. They can't circulate air when they're not moving and sitting in traffic. That happens a lot when commuting in Atlanta or any major city I would imagine. Water cooling all but eliminates that issue.

The only issue I have with the GSX-F is people trying to it off as the "Poor Mans Gixxer" since it did pick up some of it's styling queues.
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                      Don't think so, bro. By water-cooling a bikes engine you get more HP's, longer life on the engine because of the water cooling system, and better reliability short and long term.

What I've experienced from the air cooled and air-oil cooled bikes that I've owned is that when they get too hot they lose a little bit of power as a result of high volume traffic. They can't circulate air when they're not moving and sitting in traffic. That happens a lot when commuting in Atlanta or any major city I would imagine. Water cooling all but eliminates that issue.

The only issue I have with the GSX-F is people trying to it off as the "Poor Mans Gixxer" since it did pick up some of it's styling queues.
                      Ok, let me state this instead of the long ramble I thought I submitted and never made it to the board.

IF someone were to trade me a new 650F for my K4, I'd take it. IF someone would trade me a 650F + $2K, I'd take it.

Otherwise, I'm suppoin`, I'd just be jonesing, like I am now.

Comment

I like them. I would have to get a Katana decal made for it though right away. Maybe in chrome over the black body. That would look tight!
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post

Hey Bro,

As for the "Loss of power on an overheated Oil/Air cooled engine". Oil/air are designed to allow this to happen. Hence the loss of power. As the engine overheats, the walls expand to grab the piston and basically slow it down. Aluminum vs steel. Aluminum and steel Expand/shrink at totally different heat ranges. Damage interally is minimal compared to a watercooled engine that overheats. Steel vs Steel. Hot rings/piston held longer against a hot cylinder wall. Why do you think AMA Racers and others, have a cooldown lap. To allow some internal stuff to cool down at lower RPMs. If they just shut them off, things would seize.

I'm not trying to get into a debate over Oil vs water, Just saying an oil can funtion as well as a water if its adjusted to match its climate. Factory issues that should have been addressed on earlier models.

The real problem actually starts at the oil cooler as far as overheating. If theres no air moving thru the cooler, any bike will overheat. Hence the addition of cooling fans to the water cooled bikes. (Factory should have just added these years ago, but probably didnt cause of the added weight <shrug>) Theres a few threads around here on how to do the simple mod of adding a cooling fan to an oil cooler. Just need to add a thumb switch to turn it on in traffic.

How you view the item is in how you adapt it to your enviroment.

As for the Gixxer comment, I cant comment. i've riden a few but dont own one.
                          Last edited by Newbie2it; 01-06-2008, 04:35 AM. Reason: added a taut or two
                          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

My ZX-14 (and my old 'busa) is/was water cooled and they still don't/didn't like to sit too long in traffic/heat. -5 seconds is about it.
                            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                              I like them. I would have to get a Katana decal made for it though right away. Maybe in chrome over the black body. That would look tight!
                              I also disagree with the big F. It would be better as gsxf all in the same font. I also dont really like the tail packace.....Somethin bout it.
                              Sooo cold! I need more pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X