X

Oil leak in ignition cover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak in ignition cover?

hi, I have swap engines between my broked one and the wrecked bike I bought. Just came of a bike meeting in Rota, a 120 km ride. Runs strong, surely need to be carburated, but I have seen a little leak of oil coming of the ignition cover.
    I always tough that there isnt oil, but I guess I was wrong... Tomorrow I will check if all bolts are tighten, but surely I will have to replace the gasket.
    Question is, I just changed oil and filter, so I dont wanna loose any oil. Is possible replace the gasket without draw all the oil?
    Thankssss
    PICSSSS!!!!

Mas:

You talking about the signal generator cover AKA timing cover? Front Right?

Yea, there's oil in there all right.........in fact yoru oil pressure sensor is in there!

Just remove the cover with your bike on its KICKSTAND..........that'll make the oil go to the other side!

Sounds like loose bolt/bad gasket....................
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
      Mas:

You talking about the signal generator cover AKA timing cover? Front Right?

Yea, there's oil in there all right.........in fact yoru oil pressure sensor is in there!

Just remove the cover with your bike on its KICKSTAND..........that'll make the oil go to the other side!

Sounds like loose bolt/bad gasket....................
      Thank you K, I have checked and all bolts are in their place, and tighten.
      So I guess I have to replace the gasket. Tomorrow I will seek in the shop and if they have one, I will install in the evening.
      Thanks again for the info!
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X