X

Found KatRiders on google

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found KatRiders on google

Received a 1997 600 from a neighbor moving. Son lent to buddy, he wrecked, bike sat for years. Got a 1995 Chassis from shop I helped out at , went out of business. Now, have taken apart enough of the 97 to complete inspection of damaged components. Front wheel, forks, lower triple clamp,bars, control handles, front fender, front signals, front plastic scraped/cracked and rear grab bar, all trash. The 95 rolling chassis was minus front/side plastics and engine. Swapped steering stem/triple clamps (this model had taper roller bearings instead of ball bearings on 97) front wheel (gray not silver) forks, etc. etc. inside of Tank and Carbs horrible from old gas lots of work to go. So...I have a lot of 95 chassis components, complete dash, headlight, taillight good rear plastics, black box, other electrical components etc. Was using forum for information and decided to join. I will be asking questions and have excellent MC mechanics esperience so hopefully I can add my 2 cents. Is there a proper place on the forum for Want/Sell? I was trying to find a free 97 manual for download just before signing on here, no luck.
    Well, thanks for an informative site and forum.

OOPS, that is a '98 not '97

Comment

Welcome aboard.

There should be a link to the manual in our wiki section. (Free download)
      There is a sub section for for-sale/want-to-buy. I believe to sell there is a 50 post minimum though.

Best of luck with the project.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Glad to have you here.
            sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
            2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Wow, congrats on the bike. Welcome to the site.
              That's great that you were able to find a parts bike and get started on putting it all together.
              1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Where at in GA? Just curios, I'm just a hair north of Asheville NC, and have a bunch of parts I'm about to start moving out of the garage. Post a want thread, I can check the piles/boxes for things.

If your close enough, I'd welcome a visit if you wanted to "pick" through some stuff. Or can send pics.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the great welcome All. I appreciate the responses and pointing in right directions. I will have to boost my post rate so I can get to want/ sell. Will post some pics soon in the appropriate section.
                  I have been a customer of motorcycle gear. Com for many years, when they were new enough and quite new.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X