No announcement yet.
X

project "BLACK OPS"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering where the subframe support is...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Keep The mask.......it gives it a Terminator look.......
      sigpic
      98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
      Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Originally posted by vonrapier View Post
        Keep The mask.......it gives it a Terminator look.......
        Don't you think it looked like there was a man in the shape of the bike with the mask in place? like, with the gray fairing cut that way?
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Is this you?----->http://youtu.be/H8hH-LqgpSk
          "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
          Chris
          graphic designer | drummer
          2002 Katana 600
          Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Originally posted by decdrummer View Post
            Is this you?----->http://youtu.be/H8hH-LqgpSk

Lol, nice find. Yea that's me.

Comment

Best First Post Ever! Holy crap dude, for anyone wondering what a real "Mod" is... look up! Nice work man.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I saw that video before reading this post earlier today, lol
                "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                Chris
                graphic designer | drummer
                2002 Katana 600
                Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Props...nice progression and execution... Love the fairing cuts to give it some flow and organic feel. Very Nice...
                  "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I think the bike should be the poster child for what the hell a streetfightered kat really looks like.
                    Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                    Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                    2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

wowz, well done sir
                      2001 GSX600F

Comment

I kind of like what you have done with the side fairings. The headlight and tail section aren't my style although I am glad that you moved away from the crappy paintball mask. There are very few masks that I think would actually work as a headlight cover.

For instance:
                        Dye i4
                        maybe some of the "save phase one's"
                        Or even some JT proflex's (not because I think they would look good, but because it is not a crappy walmart paintball mask.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                          I can't really say because I didn't see half the pictures. how can someone who can modify a bike like that not know how to resize a photo? lol

what I did see looks pretty good though, aside from that tail section. not a fan of that. I do believe you should put on a hugger to cover that rear wheel up. it might help to keep the cops off your arse. around here that is all they would need to pull you over. plus I just think it would look better. but that's just me.
                          i did resize a few, but it takes way too long in photobucket, maybe because i have a crap load of pictures. plus i use my 46" as a comp screen, so the pics fit. i forgot that all screens arent wide. ill resize in the future.

Originally posted by decdrummer View Post
                          I'm loving the lights, my fav are the red ones with black bezels and chrome studs around them, it was a few hundred pictures up near the top, lol looks good!
                          thanks, those were also one of my favs, but it didnt fit the look i was going for.

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                          Wow, that was incredibly thorough - looks like you've been at it a while.

I have a lot of raw materials in terms of LEDs and lighting at work, and I've been experimenting with putting together some kind of halfway decent projector setup for my pre-kat -- by the way, you still got your original headlight? I need a new lens cos this rubbermaid container I cut up, while easy to work with, isn't exactly ideal.

Let me ask you this though - was your Kat able to run dual HID ballasts, as I'm only running the one right now.

Also, thanks for the ideas on repackaging the projector assemblies and different fog light/running light designs.

At one point the bike looked like it was like, a little man or something when you had the facemask on there - ultimately you ended up with a pretty wicked creation. I also like how you did retain a good bit of the fairing.

What belly fairing bit are you using? At the back it looks like it's still like a Kat fairing but the front section looks radically different.

While not my personal style cos I like my fairings, I like it a lot. Looks like it'd be a riot to ride.

thanks. i do still have the stock headlight. if youre interested maybe we could do some sort of trade? PM me if so.
                          as for the belly fairing.........i have no idea what it came off of, i picked it up at a motorcycle junkyard.
                          also to run dual HIDs i ran a separate relay. if you need help, i can look for a schematic.

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                          1.) Holy hell that bike is fracking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

2.) where did you get the headlight/tail? Did you make them yourself or buy them from somewhere?

3.) How much did all of this cost? (if you dont mind me asking)

sick man, very cool stuff
                          1.) thanks!

2.) i wrote the answers to that in the OP. i made the tail fairing, headlight fairing is a Yamaha Raptor hood grill combined with a 3000GT projector.

3.) not really that much at all. i would say i put less than $500 into this bike from beginning to end. creativity and scraps go a long way.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          Wondering where the subframe support is...

ill post pics later tonight. busy *** day at work today.

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                          I think the bike should be the poster child for what the hell a streetfightered kat really looks like.
                          I agree..............jk, much appreciated though. thanks bro.

Originally posted by lanerw View Post
                          I kind of like what you have done with the side fairings. The headlight and tail section aren't my style although I am glad that you moved away from the crappy paintball mask. There are very few masks that I think would actually work as a headlight cover.

For instance:
                          Dye i4
                          maybe some of the "save phase one's"
                          Or even some JT proflex's (not because I think they would look good, but because it is not a crappy walmart paintball mask.)

the paintball mask was just a faze i had to go through so i can atleast say i attempted it. i only had it for a week or so. moved on, happy with the look now.

Again, thank you all for the comments. i was debating whether i should post my creation up in the forums, but i figured if i worked this hard to get here, might as well show the world what can be done to this bike.

my main secret to this build was.............go to the junkyards, buy anything cheap that you think has the slightest chance of being used in the future. after staring at your bike long enough, you'll figure out what pieces will go where. then your imagination wont stop, the look of your bike will never be the same and you too will have built a monster of a machine.

Comment

That thing is crazy

great job
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

nice....
                              see KR what did i tell ya!?
                              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                              Tony
                              94 Katana 600

Comment

nice work, the way you cut the fairings really sets it apart

Comment

Working...
                                X