Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow man that looks sick!
    96 GSX600F w/ V&H SSR2

Comment

Im subscribed, as long as you keep all the mods clean and well made this should look like a sick bike. I like how you cut down the seat, I hate it when fighters have the big square end on the seat. Looking good, cant wait to see it finished.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm doing my best, but at the same time I'm doing what I want so I'm sure some will like it and some will hate it, but that's life. It's also a little harder because I have no plan and am literally making it up as I go along!

Comment

Not my style at all, but you're doing a great job.
          I love to see these build posts.
          I also love the way you did the wheels & brake discs.
          1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
          1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
          1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_depetro View Post
            Not my style at all, but you're doing a great job.
            I love to see these build posts.
            I also love the way you did the wheels & brake discs.
            Thanks, I know this can't be to everyones taste, but it's nice to see some one be objective and instead of " it looks like crap" say something like I can appreciate the work".

Comment

Looking good man. I'm liking a lot of the things you've done.
              Originally posted by chrisgreer23
              Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
              2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
              1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
              2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
              1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Well I've been busy working on the house and looking for a new truck, so the bike got neglected. I got something done finally. Rebuilt all 3 calipers with new seals and added the SS braided lines. I'm really glad I decided to rebuild them after getting them apart. I will be upgrading to DOT 5 fluid when I get around to filling them. For now I need to find a place/way to mount the rear reservoir or find a different one I like.

These seals were so hard, it's difficult to believe that they were once rubber.

Comment

Made some time to work on the bike today.

After using an entire bottle, the front brakes are finally bled. Those damn air bubbles just wouldn't stop. I can really feel a difference even while it's just sitting that the brakes are 100% firmer now. Still have to buy some hose for the rear reservoir to get them done. I'm also still playing with exactly where to mount it as well.

Choice 1

Choice 2

I'm leaning towards 2

Also redid the rear brake line, I didn't like the way it looked.

Before

After

I also relocated the rectifier to free up some room, and because it made the seat hard to take in and out.

This is the stock seat lock, which I really wanted to keep. Here he is in his new home. Stock, it was mounted on the side and poked through the fairing.

So then in keeping with my true nature, I made a left hand turn and worked on something totally different. This is where I am going to mount the plate. It will be frenched into the rear. I had to cut out some of the new subframe I just welded in, but that the price you pay when you plan literally nothing and make it all up as you go along.

So then naturally I started on the exhaust.

Here is where the stock exhaust goes/looks like. It actually doesn't look bad at all with the bike, but because it isn't dicked with, is not acceptable.

And this is pretty much what the new exhaust will look like, both sides will be exactly the same, with internal pipe baffles (read glass packs) so that there is no visible muffler, but still retains the necessary back pressure to not lean the motor right out. (hopefully, if not, a jet kit and pods will be purchased)

and as it so turns out, because I don't have a center stand, the mount for it will work perfectly as an exhaust mount.

I am STILL waiting for my back ordered petcock rebuild kit, mine leaks like it;s going out of style. I still have to buy some misc. things as well too, but its coming along.

Comment

Got the rear reservoir installed and brake bled. I now have working brakes all around. I went with my less desirable of the two mounting choices purely for ease of install, if you look at the direction the the spouts where the tubing clamps onto face, you'll see why I chose it.

Then I got my exhaust all fabbed up, minus the internal baffles and packing. A key point for me here was to make the mufflers fully removable so that I could re pack them in the future if necessary, and to make the exhaust easier to remove in the future as well. I accomplished this by sleeving a pipe over the header pipe, cutting a slot in it and then using the pipe itself as a pipe clamp my welding on a nut and a larger nut for a bolt to pass through to tighten against. I also used the center stand mount to hand it as planned. For those of you wondering why one pipe has two welds and the other has one, the answer is that I'm dyslexic and managed to make two passenger side ones some how, so an additional chop and flip was necessary. I am not going to grind down the welds because it will all be painted in header paint, and then wrapped on header wrap so it would be a waste of time anyways.

Enjoy.

Comment

So I think that I need something else orange, to help tie the wheels/rotors in. Any ideas?

Comment

Maybe an engine component or the Suzuki lettering on the tank. Definitely something in the middle of the bike to bring the 2 ends together.
                        -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                        -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                        -2008 Audi S5
                        -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

What colour are the mini-fairings going to be? Excellent build btw!
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                            What colour are the mini-fairings going to be? Excellent build btw!
                            Black. I will repaint the tank and rear fender, and paint the fairing with them. That will be a while though, so for the time being, the mini's get rattle canned.

Comment

Still have to say that this is coming along nicely.
                              My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                              Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Great Success! The beastie lives!

Got my valves shimmed, petcock rebuilt, new fuel lines, head light and front turn signals finish mounted and wired (diasppointed in headlight bulb, gonna upgrade to a better one), pegs remounted, clutch adjusted, choke done, throttle done, exhaust hung (still no baffles, waiting on stuff to come), new fuel lines, added an inline fuel filter, bought a new battery (still trickle charging now)

I then retrofitted my old stock tail light, an led plate light, my flush mount cats eye turn signals (zip tied), and plate (zip tied) to make it legal so I could ride it. --- its been a year since I have ridden- wanted to go SOOOOO bad.

Still have yet to synch carbs, idles terrible high, and found a huge oil leak. The valve gasket didn't seat correctly and part of it blew out (still attached, just snuck out, so I have to redo that.

I also figured out that this seat is NOT going to work. The one up in the rear and the poor tuning (at the moment) rips you back almost off the seat when the power kicks in (not so good), so I might have to re do the seat set up.

Last but not least, this thing is un godly ****ing loud! It would make Harley's cry. Good thing I started it up at 12 midnight....

No pics, Pics will follow tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X