X

Im Makeing a Wide Body Bag!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtdybr View Post
    Careful with the misses. I had one "tunnel vision" girl get hypnotized by the road and she fell asleep. I thought she was just being friendly and pushing her body up against mine .
    My ole lady doesnt fall asleep when shes on the back. She likes to wiggle when were in a turn and throw my line off and almost put us through the cheese grater.
    I took her to the lowes parking lot to teach her and of course she thought that she had to pull the clutch in slowly to stop and she didnt even bother with the brakes or putting her feet down. Really reminded me that blond jokes had to come from somewhere. So she laid it down and everything was good except for a mirror got cracked. But she tends to freak out when a car comes within 9,000 feet of her (And thats an exact measurement in case you were wondering.) And the tunnel vision when shes trying to concentrait on trying to not wreck my bike. I would fear for my life if she ever rode on the streets
    Last edited by MrSandman818; 10-01-2009, 12:36 AM. Reason: typo
    Takeing blowing up porta potties to a whole new level!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Your method of glassing is almost dead on the same way I do it. The difference is, once I've got the green foam cut up into shape, I cover it with masking tape/painters tape, overlapping, at least 2 layers. Then I cover it with a soft paste wax (turtle wax, etc). It makes it easy to pop the glass off when you're done. Same way with molding something, I just cover it with masking tape, and wax. I've seen people use saran wrap, plastic bags, wax paper, landscaping plastic, vapor barrier, etc....... whatever way works best for you, I guess!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
        Maybe I lack imagination this morning, but I can't get any idea of where you are going with that from the pics. guess I will have to wait and see.

Oh, can't you come up with a different name for it than "Body Bag???"
        and +1

Comment

I like the concept. In fact, when you are done, you could use the fiberglass ones to pull ABS versions.

I would however, take weight into account. The stock mounts are only several small m5 or m4 screws, and a snap clip. Determine a way to "support them" across the seat, or with the grab rails.

Lastly, for strength... consider a bracing bar running under the tail section.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thats pretty neat, I wouldnt have thought to do something like that. Excited to see the finished product. Once you finish building it and get it painted up, I think it would look a lot better than what you could buy.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              I like the concept. In fact, when you are done, you could use the fiberglass ones to pull ABS versions.

I would however, take weight into account. The stock mounts are only several small m5 or m4 screws, and a snap clip. Determine a way to "support them" across the seat, or with the grab rails.

Lastly, for strength... consider a bracing bar running under the tail section.
              Thanks man. Ive been soo excited about the project that ive actually started dreaming about it instead of my wife. Kinda creepy when you think about it.

Thanks for the advice on braceing. I was going to get to that after I got the door hinges and weather stripping settled. I was thinking of glassing in the braceing throughout the saddle bag. I was thinking of haveing a spacer with a rubber foot that would rest against the subframe for the lower support and for the upper support I could possibly run a long bolt through the rear plugs that hold the tail end of the fairing up from 1 side to the other to really hold it. I still have to finish it and road test it then make the necessary modifications till I have it where I want it. When its all said and done id like to know that i can load it to the brim with wrenches and not have to worry about it falling off. Not that id need to, just knowing that I can is what I like.

Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated for this project. Thanks ya'll
              sigpic

Comment

I can see what you're trying to do but until it is finished, I can't state yeah or nay.
                Interesting to say the least!

From the crude pics you provided, I have a Honda PCH envisioned in my mind!
                It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

I would just use the grab bar bolts, and figure a way to run the supports up to there, then put slightly longer bolts through the seat.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                    I can see what you're trying to do but until it is finished, I can't state yeah or nay.
                    Interesting to say the least!

From the crude pics you provided, I have a Honda PCH envisioned in my mind!
                    Originally posted by steves View Post
                    I would just use the grab bar bolts, and figure a way to run the supports up to there, then put slightly longer bolts through the seat.
                    I hear ya bro. And yeah thats the ever so beautiful and orgasmic PCH. I was born and raised in Los Angelas, And thats my blacked out Kat.

Thats not a bad idea. I could always glass in some metal brackets that run up to the grab bar and just drill some holes and then that bag wouldnt go anywhere! Im gonna check it out when I finally get my bike back from the shop. Ill keep ya''ll posted when I make more modifications. I always have too many things goin on. Im also in the middle of a engine swap in my 1968 MG Midget. Im dropping the 1.8 litre slant 4 from a 1984 BMW 318i and then im goin to put a t3 turbo on it. Everyone who does it gets 253rwhp. Not bad for a 1600lb car. plus Im working on my 3 wheeler and my truckety truck always needs something.
                    sigpic

Comment

Heres a few more pics

Heres a few more that I found on the camera. (NOTE: This is my buddies kat that im babysitting while hes moveing. Mine is actually complete but in the shop.....still)

sigpic

Comment

More updates...

I bought some hinges and tried bending them myself because no one carries what I need for the saddle bag.

I used exhaust hanger to try to help with lineing the hinges up

Heres the rear bracket to hold the saddle bag

Heres a mock up to try to get the door installed

Let me know what you guys think!
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like it's coming along nicely!...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Watching this thread... I dunno, I think it will be fat and ugly when it is done. Yeah, I know, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

For the next time you need hardware http://www.louisandcompany.com/storefront/

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                                Watching this thread... I dunno, I think it will be fat and ugly when it is done. Yeah, I know, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
                                Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Looks like its coming along nicely. I was gonna say using some hydraulic pistons to have them open the doors to add to the fancy schmancy factor. Paint it black, or use vertical stripes to make it look skinny!!!
                                Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Working...
                                X