X

Wanted to say Hi!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to say Hi!

I go by Liljon I just recently bought a 1989 Suzuki katana gsx600f. I gave very little for this bike and it's in really good shape. It has been barn parked for about 5 years. I've pulled the carbs and sprayed the crap out of them with chemtool. I pulled the bowls and did the same. There is some laquer build up in the gas tank,which I drained the tank and put fresh gas in it. I'm not getting fuel in the bowls cause I can give it a shot of carb cleaner ad it will fire. They had taken and capped off some vac lines and I'm not exactly sure of the routing. Anyways I've had several bikes in the past year buying, selling,trading,etc. But I really like this 600. I really am anxious to get it running . So any help is greatly appreciated. Plan on staying on this site for a good long time. So if there are any questions you may have that I may be able to help with,just hit me up

Welcome to KatRiders.
    Your carbs will need to be disassembled and a complete cleaning done, spray cleaners will not work for this job. Also you may need to check the petcock for fuel flow, with it set in the "on" or "res" position fuel will not flow without vacuum, in the "prime" position it should flow freely.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Wha-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-t?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to Katriders... AKA the loony bin
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
            Welcome to KatRiders.
            Your carbs will need to be disassembled and a complete cleaning done, spray cleaners will not work for this job. Also you may need to check the petcock for fuel flow, with it set in the "on" or "res" position fuel will not flow without vacuum, in the "prime" position it should flow freely.
            +1. Check the wiki for carbs 101
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
            X