Hello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Just found these forums! I am from AL

I bought a 1990 Katana 600 at the beginning of the summer, I have rode it to and from work every single day and often take it out on the weekends when i have a off day. I love it. The person I bought it from had messed with the carbs and now it doesn't idle at all. It attempts to idle when it is warmed up but eventually just dies. I have put up with it fora few months now by just staying on the throttle at stops but it i s getting rather annoying. I've talked to Aresnic about getting them rebuilt but it will take a couple weeks to save up the cash. Other than the idle problem the thing is a blast!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Been raining here for three days, Fired right up no choke

Welcome aboard
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck with the carbs

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. As you have learned, Arsenic is the Carb Guru here.

Comment

Welcome to katriders
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks!! and yeah did not take many searches to figure out the go to guy for carbs lol

Comment

Welcome. Good choice going with Arsenic for your carbs. When I got my kat, I had the local shop clean the carbs and go over the bike. For what they charged to clean the carbs, I could have had an entire new set. Beyond that, they missed a few other things on the bike which make me question the overall effort put into any of the work.

Have fun out there, and stay safe.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                X