Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Kat owner for 12 months, just discovered this forum.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat owner for 12 months, just discovered this forum.

Perhaps because my Katana has been perfect since I got it I have never sought out the internet world for help. However I am about to embark on a long journey with my bike and it needs a few things before I go. I found this forum and have been browsing for a bit and now have a couple questions so here I am as a member

FYI I bought a 2002 Katana 750 with 15,000km on it in July 2014. I have changed the oil once and put 10,000 km on it in the past year.

Things I need to do:

Brakes (front is fine, but rear brake SQUEAKS and has since I got it. I rarely use the rear brake because of this)

Valve adjustment (i feel a TON of vibration in the right foot peg between 4800-5500rpm, from reading on here it seems that valve adjustment is the first thing suggested for vibration. Service manual says it should be done now as well. I told a shop about the vibration and he suggested it was a "mount" and to look into that. What was he talking about?)

Carb sync, (idles rough, service interval)

Spark plugs, air/fuel filters

and..

Tires!

Oh my is there a TON of information on tires. I will post a question in the tire thread about this one.

Glad to have found this and happy to be here, thanks.

PS. This is the first bike I have ever owned and I love it. I'm 32 years old.
    2002 Katana 750

Welcome to Katriders..
    Kat motors are directly mounted to the frame, no mounts are used.
    A valve adjustment and sync would help with vibration.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-06-2015, 10:23 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome!

+1. Might want to think about flushing the brake fluid and greasing bearings too.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
            Here is a site you might find useful (some photos may be missing and some links may not work, but what is still working is very useful)
            motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's good to be here.
              2002 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
              X