Intro, Asking for HELP, and Salutation All-In-One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro, Asking for HELP, and Salutation All-In-One

Hi guys-

Name is Mac. This is my first bike, and first post. It's an 1100 Katana, a real super-sport track bike from what the PO told me. Anywho, never really worked on anything much more than my sister's Easy Bake oven, and that caught on fire after I plugged it in

Well, my brother has a R1, and I'm pretty sure my bike will take it, since my engine is bigger. But, his is louder, and I think it sounds faster. So, I'm going to buy a new exhaust on the internet, since I saved money buying my helmet from Walmart on clearance (huge crack in it , but I filled it with Elmer's glue, and used a Sharpie).

I looked at Auto Zone for a book on my bike, and only found stuff for cars. I guess I'll just learn as I go. The PO said the tires were old and needed to be changed, but they look good to me, so I'll see how long I can go on them. So, what's the best kind of oil for my bike? Is there any that will make my bike faster? I already found a K&N air filter online that will make my bike have more HP. I noticed my headlight was kind of dim, so I bought an HID kit. That'll look sweet! I noticed my clutch drags, where is the adjustment for that? The bike runs pretty rough, so I sprayed a bunch of Carb cleaner in the gas tank. That should hopefully clean-up those symptoms. The PO mentioned the carbs needing sinking? Not sure what he meant by that. I assume he meant by that. Probablly misheard him.
    Oh, I plan-on making this a streetfighter, cuz it looks badass. I need those cone filters that attach to the carbs. I bought a Sawzall @ Harbor Freight to get the frame cut shorter. Will post progress.

Day later . . .
    Anyone in the Flint area willing to help me fix my bike?

Week later . . .
    Well, I've decided to sell the bike. Running out of money, and the streetfighter project could be somebody's dream bike. I got rid of the exhaust, seat, headlight, and gauges cuz I thought I would not need them. $3200 FIRM.
    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Nailed it

Comment

Working...
    X