X

best track set up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best track set up

The bike is going to be use on Firebird east and west track.I'm asking a few questions here.
    1. What size tire would you use if you had a free set of maxxis supermaxx?,,,I know that most hate chin shin tires. There FREE!
    2. Would a bandit 600s Vance and hines ss2-r pipe fit on a pre 98? I can get one for $200

anything esle about track set up up would be well taken.
    thanks JFR-
    Attached Files
    Masshole in Az! -teaches pet-

150/70 127/70 , but I can't help you with the rest .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

md86, thats whats I've been hearing but the 120/60/17 160/60/17 would work good on the tack too.

Comment

Might not find a 160/60 that'll fit your rim all that well . You'd be btter off with the 150/70 .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If you want to do the 160 safely get a 98+ Katana, or SV Front and rear Rim.

If your going on the track with this Kat, look into upgrading the Breaks (Lines and Pads).

A GSXR 1100 Rear Shock will fit. At least changing the oil in the front forks if it hasn't been done in a while.

I am not sure about the Exhaust System. It might. Good luck with that Kat on the track, take it easy and have fun. I did.
          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Re: best track set up

Originally posted by jfr
            The bike is going to be use on Firebird east and west track.
            I'm not familiar with that track... drag, oval, GP-style, short straights/no straights/long straights, etc?

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

firebird internation speedway?
              they race nextel,bush,Irl,boats.Ihra,Nhra,Iroc,usac,migits,l egands,,,,,,,,what you have ,they have a race for you,,,,
              4.5 mile from my house.

Comment

go to this--aztracktime.com
                look at the vids.
                I've rented the R-1 for a day . It was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would upgrade the suspension and brakes first. If you have a really good handling bike with decent brakes you don't need the power! Power is great but if you have less it will teach you to ride the corners better, braking later, carrying more speed in the corners, etc. to keep up to more powerful bikes.
                  Less weight is more power!!

Comment

Have new pads to put in front and rear but want to find a rear rotor, mine is grooved.will change the fliuld when changing it all.
                    Pipe I can use but have to change the oil pan and pickup.

Comment

Working...
                    X