chassis is 99% complete yay! *56k warning*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chassis is 99% complete yay! *56k warning*

gday all,

mucked around a bit this arvo with the bike.. latest pics.. all i need to do now is make a top shock mount (shall be done by sat arvo i reckon)

now i can start to focus on all the rest of the bike

pics..

enjoy,

cheers.joe.

What's the swing arm and the shock from? Looks really nice...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

the swing arm and rear shock are 98/99 yamahahaha R1 items, ditto the rear rim, rear caliper as well.

im yet to "polish" any of it up,ive thoroughly degreased and cleaned parts ive bought 2nd hand, just not detailed them.

i just want to get it all up and running nice and sweet, then tear it down once more for the full detailing.

cheers.joe.

Comment

The bottom of the shock does not bind with the linkage?
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

All I can say is... "Dayum"!!!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

It shaping up pretty good. It should look great when finished.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Nice, I'll be doing the same mod with different parts over the next 2 weeks. So how did you solve the swing arm axle tube to engine clearance problem? When you fab up your top shock mount it might be worth considering making a mount like the gsxr's use and use the 'spud' to attach the shock to the mount. That way if you need to make finite adjustments in shock location or ride hieght you can just make up an offset 'spud' or use spacers. I just bought some true adjustable links (pictured below $89) to give me a little more adjustment in dialing it in, something to consider if the stock bones need tweeking (nice cause they offer very finite adjustment in length). Definately yank the shock spring off when you have everything finalized and re-install the shock to veryify it doesn't bind (it can be decieving with the spring on), just added insurance. I researched different r1 set-ups and they're lots of oem springs that use different spring rates that swap onto that shock if you find you need more or less spring rating. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Joe! Looking good...decided what you're doing about rearsets yet? I started in on my gsxr frame this past week. Subframe now gone and I'll be mocking up the SSSA, modding the tank, and starting on the new subframe this weekend! You've inspired me to get moving!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  All I can say is... "Dayum"!!!
                  +1

Comment

All kinds of impressive man, she's coming together in most excellent fashion!

Comment

So how much of that bike is still Katana ?
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

meanstrk:

the shock looks like its binding, cos it is haha. the top mount isnt installed yet, so the shock is sitting there basicly for the pics, i'll be fitting up the top mount this week sometime, i'll update the pic when i fit the rear shock, i am taking due care in ensureing this bike is done properly.

Guy: the swingarm tube dosnt foul on the engine at all.. yes it gets closer, but has no effect on the bike.
                        as for the shock mounting and the linkage position.. ive been lucky and had a mate with a 98 R1 i can have a good close look at and take mesurements and crap from.

thanks for letting me know about that adjustable link. where'd you get it from?

Matt: haha! never thought ID be the one to provide you with inspiration!! only a year ago, you and your creation frankenkat was my inspiration!! im glad that this bike has kicked off your build!! i cant wait to see the finished product, going by frankenkat standards!

as for the rearsets.. im going to retain the standard kat ones, mainly cos the mounting holes are there, are in a comfy position, and have the rubber coated pegs

ive had to relocate the rear brake master cylinder and its actuating arm in order to fit that massive swing arm in.

thanks for all the kind comments guys

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          So how much of that bike is still Katana ?
                          erm... lol...

main frame, engine, fuel tank, front upper fairings and part of the belly fairings, the rear sets, annnnd.. thats about it lol

the rest is gsxr/hayabusa/R1 bits, plus a bunch of custom parts

cheers.joe.

Comment

Oh , I thought you put a different engine in there , too . Oh well , bring it to the rally ! :P
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

lol md..

thats next, i have some busa pistons, an in peices gsxr1127 engine and g/box,

i'll rebuild it one day, with a new snail and slot it into the frame.. one day.. for now, its just getting the bike done NOW!!! lol

cheers.joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X