04 Katana 600 Rear Fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 Katana 600 Rear Fender

Hello All

I just got my first bike today! I am just awaiting the cleared title.

The bike is just how I wanted, flush mounted signals, intedrated LED brake light, smoked windshield, Cowl seat cover, Yoshimura RS-3 Slip on and new black paint job with no stickers. Only problem is I need a rear fender to pass an inspection. Can someone please recommend a solution or good place to buy one cheap? It will only be installed for inspection then removed. I assumed there would be quite a few on ebay since most riders remove them but I can not seem to find any used fenders for the 03-06 models.

Thanks for any input.

REAR fender?????????????????????????????
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

The shovel is what he is referring to.

Problem with finding a used one here is that anyone that chopped theirs takes some sort of cutoff tool and cuts the part you need the most off.

How low does the fender have to be to pass inspection?

Tmod

Comment

My buddy chopped his about half way and it passed inspection but I will stop by a shop tomorrow morning to see what exactly is required for MD. Mine was chopped off completely but I see a lot of the fender eliminator kits for sale so I thought there would be a few floating around.... Tmod I will post back tomorrow.

Comment

I have a few rear fenders, I'd have to check the difference between pre and post
          are you talking about #1?

Comment

rear fender?????????? where is that?

Comment

above you rear tire, under your seat. That thing you cut the shovel off of, that's the rear fender.

Comment

I guess bikers call it a tail but the part is specifically called "rear fender"

arsenic- #1 is what I need.
                If you could verify, I found this in a sticky here:
                "2003-2006 All plastics, 600 & 750, totally interchangable. This is the model with the GSXR-like front fender and one piece rear tail."

I found this in a Honda thread on another site "So apparantly the bike I bought cant pass MD state inspection without either an OEM rear fender or a rear hugger. " so rear hugger would work as well but not sure where it would bolt on and they look pretty expensive.
                Last edited by jiggysmb; 08-16-2008, 05:38 AM.

Comment

This link is to a fender eliminator that I had made, it will give you a idea on where they bolt to.

http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php...03&postcount=1

If the OEM fenders are the same between pre and posts just get one of those and give it the shovel mod. Cut the bottom off.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    above you rear tire, under your seat. That thing you cut the shovel off of, that's the rear fender.

oh...... yea i cut that crap off. ugly

Comment

the oem rear fenders are not the same pre and post, I'll have to see what I have

Comment

Arsenic-Thank you, I was hoping to get it ready for inspection this week, so please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          the oem rear fenders are not the same pre and post, I'll have to see what I have
                          They're not the same 98-02 and 03+ either.
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

I have 2 98+ rear fender, but I do not know if they are 98-02 or 03-06. If someone can provide a picture I will try to match it.

Comment

Working...
                            X