X

Chipped Carb Bodies - Need Advice from the Carb Gurus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipped Carb Bodies - Need Advice from the Carb Gurus

Hey guys, I'm working on my cleaning/rebuilding the carbs after the bike fell on it's right side two days ago. I have the bodies disassembled/ removed of rubber parts and soaking in berryman's. i notice two of my carbs have little pieces missing from the top where the air needles are. I was wondering if these were an issue if I left them as is (I'm pretty sure I've been riding them like that for months without major issues) or if I should perhaps repair them with some jb weld. Thanks for any and all help as usual.

Carbs 1 (2).jpg

Carbs 2 (2).jpg

the chips are at the bottom of the pictures, within the circular casing.

Nope. Sorry for the confusion. Here are the pics with arrows pointing to the affected areas.

Carbs 1 with arrow.jpg

Carbs 2 with arrow.jpg

Comment

great thanks!

Comment

Those are common, I guess part of the casting/machining process. They have been in 95% of the many multiple carbs I've seen.

Agreed, they should present no issues.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X