X

Fairing Kit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nofear6677 View Post
    So i got my new body kit today. I was putting everything on, typical bull S*** starting happening. Stuff didnt fit right, missing screws, wrong screws. Well. Everything turned out ok in the end except for one little detail I overlooked. the taillight bracket from 98-02 is different from the 02+. So if anyone has a bracket they can ship to texas, quick fast and in a hurry, please send me a pm.
    Not only is the bracket different, so is the whole tail and tail light.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
      Not only is the bracket different, so is the whole tail and tail light.
      the only kits i could find had the tail of the 03+ so i bought a busa taillight and thought i would be ok. I just didn't realize the brackets would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Nofear6677 View Post
        the only kits i could find had the tail of the 03+ so i bought a busa taillight and thought i would be ok. I just didn't realize the brackets would be different.
        Cool. 03+ Kats and Busa's shared a tail light. Sounds like you're all set then except for the bracket.

Comment

Hey guys,

I also just bought one of these kits. Not bad I was actually really happy with the paint job.

Couple notes. I have a 2002 and bought the 03 kit off of recommendations and what info I could find. I'm going to have a friend make the tail light bracket, the drill holes were undersized for all the bolts so I drilled them to proper size. Fitment... well... half of the bike fits. The left side doesn't want to line up at all. I'm going to work on it further on my days off but for the life of me I can't tell why it wont line up. Right side and front were fine but the left side not so much.

Hope this helps for what you might be looking into for yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JCJester View Post
            Hey guys,

I also just bought one of these kits. Not bad I was actually really happy with the paint job.

Couple notes. I have a 2002 and bought the 03 kit off of recommendations and what info I could find. I'm going to have a friend make the tail light bracket, the drill holes were undersized for all the bolts so I drilled them to proper size. Fitment... well... half of the bike fits. The left side doesn't want to line up at all. I'm going to work on it further on my days off but for the life of me I can't tell why it wont line up. Right side and front were fine but the left side not so much.

Hope this helps for what you might be looking into for yourselves.
            which one was it? also if the busa shares the same tail light as the 03-06 does this mean you could fit the undertail kit on it?
            Last edited by DonZ; 05-26-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

got my bracket of ron ayers. just having problems finding screws to mount the tail light onto the bracket.

Comment

Working...
              X