X

add HP for cheap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add HP for cheap

Hey guys, is there any way to add HP and/or make my 94 katana 600 faster. Is there anyway to adjust the carbs or remove any restrictors. Any help would be awesome

Originally posted by fandel View Post
    Hey guys, is there any way to add HP and/or make my 94 katana 600 faster. Is there anyway to adjust the carbs or remove any restrictors. Any help would be awesome

Best answer...

Put an 1127 or bandit 1200 motor in it.

Or... spend nearly that much with gsxr cams, jetkit, exhaust, tuning for a very small gain.

A search of the site will give you more details on those options.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Find a big hill.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Find a big hill.
        Or a tail wind.

Seriously though, Mikey's project with a jet kit/full exhaust/ign advance/gsxr cams dynoed what like 78hp?

Engine swap. That is your answer.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Or a tail wind.
          Or both, BONUS!

Comment

Thanks for your input. Are the carbs hard to syncronize? I need to clean them because it won't idle without atleast 1/2 choke

Comment

Not if you have a manometer.
              carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97
              These will make your bike preform better.
              Last edited by arsenic; 05-29-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                Best answer...

Put an 1127 or bandit 1200 motor in it.

Or... spend nearly that much with gsxr cams, jetkit, exhaust, tuning for a very small gain.

A search of the site will give you more details on those options.

Krey
                +1
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Or a tail wind.

Seriously though, Mikey's project with a jet kit/full exhaust/ign advance/gsxr cams dynoed what like 78hp?

Engine swap. That is your answer.
                  yep it was like 78hp to wheel after all that. i was running rich with the dynojet jet kit so i would assume if i had the factory pro jet kit instead and had the correct a/f ratio it would be 80-85rwp max. BTW i spent less on 2 1100 motors then what i spent on said mods above.
                  Last edited by mreedohio; 05-29-2011, 08:37 PM.
                  Chrome Project Part 1
                  http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by fandel View Post
                    Thanks for your input. Are the carbs hard to syncronize? I need to clean them because it won't idle without atleast 1/2 choke
                    That tells me a lot- if you have to ask, then you need to attend to the bike.No offense intended at all.
                    One of the best things you can do for any bikes performance (ok, this is the best!) is go through it with a fine tooth comb and make sure all maintenance is done and everything is up to snuff.
                    If the carbs are dirty, take care of that asap. Do a valve check, make sure they are in spec. Personally, I like them all on the tight end of spec, but on a 600 you might want to set the intakes on the tight end of spec and the exhausts on the loose end of spec (might get a wee bit more tq staggering them).
                    Make sure air filter is clean, get some fresh, real synthetic oil,new plugs, swap out the brake fluids while you are at it and check the air pressure with a high quality air gauge. Oh, and assuming the chain is good, make sure it is adjusted! Motorcyle online did a restore project on a gsx1100r and found on the dyno, a small loss in power caused by a very worn chain. Whenever someone picks up a used bike, they should assume that all maintenance has been neglected and do all of the above and then some.
                    Anyhow, do all of the above and you'll probably find that the bike feels like different bike. Once that is all done, you could try a new 4-1 and a jet kit. The power increase will be minor but it will cut down on weight probably improve driveability. After that, stop the wrenching, just enjoy the bike for mods are simply not worth it because... well you can probably get a used kat 1100 (like mine!) for $2000- do you think you can put $2000 into your bike and get the same performance as a 1100? Makes more sense to just buy a different bike. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                      After that, stop the wrenching, just enjoy the bike for mods are simply not worth it because... well you can probably get a used kat 1100 (like mine!) for $2000- do you think you can put $2000 into your bike and get the same performance as a 1100?
                      Yes. I can take your engine an put it in my bike.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                        Yes. I can take your engine an put it in my bike.
                        And what would be the point? My 1100 has a Kerker 4-1, near mint conditon everything else and a Corbin seat. I'd rather have a Kat 1100, better bike, better long distance ride.

Comment

And what would be the point? My 1100 has a Kerker 4-1, near mint conditon everything else and a Corbin seat. I'd rather have a Kat 1100, better bike, better long distance ride.

Better cruiser, definitely not a better handling bike...1100 engine in the 600 frame makes a million times more sense than just going out and buying another old dinosaur.

Besides, the 1100 is even more hideously ugly than the pre 98 600 and 750. Yuck.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You could always take the 200 shot off the drag car i used to have.. But then again.. how would you explain winding up in the tree tops to the cops?
                            04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

Mint condition and a Corbin seat have nothing to do with getting the same performance as an 1100 out of a 600 frame with 1127 motor. Insurance would be cheaper here for a 600 frame with 1100 motor. And what Scotty said as well.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                              X