X

help me find this!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me find this!

I'm at a serious loss. I am looking for some ABS plastic. The guys at home depot look at me like I have three heads when I ask for it, no hardware stores carry any, there is an ABS manufacturer in my area, but they only do commercial business and say that the have no scrap lying around.

There is one business that I found that will supply me some. But they don't have any in stock and the only way that they will order any is if they order a minimum of 1000lbs.

what am I doing wrong here...I did not think that a small 2' x 1' sheet of abs would be so f'ing hard to find.

anyone have any suggestions, or abs?
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

hahaha, that would have been the obvious answer...i was trying to stick local, but i guess i should have tried this first...
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Yeah.. Local, what about sign shops, or mmmm
      car stereo supply company? Seems like they use it for custom parts..

Comment

how thick do you want? i've got a left over chunk of 1/4" just shy of 1x1 laying in the garage...it's black...

i got it from mcmaster-carr....www.mcmastercarr.com

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Auto uplolstery shops sometimes as well... Where I got my big stack of scraps.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I think 1/16" is going to be best for me. Im going to attempt making a custom tail....fingers crossed. already got my back up if I screw up ahah.

and i just made some measurements, and it looks like i need actually about 3'x1.5' and thats with very little room for error.
            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Originally posted by BPryz View Post
              I think 1/16" is going to be best for me. Im going to attempt making a custom tail....fingers crossed. already got my back up if I screw up ahah.

and i just made some measurements, and it looks like i need actually about 3'x1.5' and thats with very little room for error.
              Are you planning on heat forming the pieces?

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                Are you planning on heat forming the pieces?

Krey
                i thinking about using the stock tail from an 01 and choppin it up to make it look a little less beafy, then using the abs sheet that im getting to make the undertail section. I don't think I would get so ambitious as to make molds and then heat form.
                Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Working...
                X