X

Wheel Question????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Question????

Does any know if 94 Katana wheels, front and back(not sure if they were on a 600 or 750) fit 06 Katana 750?

They will fit. The rear will fit right in there with no problems.

The front you will run into a problem with the spacers. The 06 front rim is wider at the bearings than the 94 was. Your spacers will be too big.

But here is a question.. Why are you going to narrower rims than what you already have?? The 06 rear is 4.5 inches wide and comes with a 150 tire and will fit no larger than a 160 tire. The 94 rim is only 3.5 inches wide and comes with a 140 tire and will fit no larger than a 150 safely.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Court pointed out the issue. In general, stick to the 98+ wheels. Note that the '04+ models also change their fork spacing and caliper spacing as a result...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wheel Question????

I don't want to go narrow. I show some chrome wheels on ebay and thought about bidding on them. I just wanted some chrome wheels. Thanks for the info, I guess I will pass on the pre 98 wheels.

By the way I love this site, you guys are the best.

Krider

Comment

I believe that the Suzuki SV650 wheels from the 98-04 time period will work as well, try searching under that name.

Comment

Wheel Question????

I will look into that. Thanks

Comment

Or do it the simple way and just send your own wheels out to be chromed.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you want Chrome , You can go on ebay and there is a site that you can send your rims in to get new chrome one's for 500 or 600 hundred. I have a 97 kat and I stuck 2000 rims front and back on mine with out any trouble.
                e black

Comment

here is the site that does the rim exchange

"I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way..."
                  Jessica Rabbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3iUp9UjuMo

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will check it out. I feel more comfortable just updating my original rims since they are only 6 months old. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X