No announcement yet.
X

Kat for size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun ridin her.

Comment

It'll be quite a change from the v-star. From a 650 that screams in pain doing 70 mph to a 600 that purrs doing 70 mph. I'll have to take it easy for awhile, really get used to the difference between a cruiser and a sport. It's a whole new world for me

Comment

Thats a really nice looking bike. I have often thought about upgrading to the newer style of Ket and maybe one day I will do that

Comment

Originally posted by bdcastrantas
          It'll be quite a change from the v-star. From a 650 that screams in pain doing 70 mph to a 600 that purrs doing 70 mph. I'll have to take it easy for awhile, really get used to the difference between a cruiser and a sport. It's a whole new world for me
          Tips:
          Use both brakes, and use the front more heavily that you probably did on the cruiser.
          The right seating position should not load up your wrists/hands at 40+ mph, as the wind should support your torso.
          Tire pressure is critical. Check it at least twice a week.
          Powerband lies between 7200 and 9800 RPM. Most cruiser-riders aren't used to a powerband higher up and tend to never get to it at first.

Good Luck!
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You should be fine. I'm 5'6 with 29" inseam so I know the story. I went from a Ninja 250 to a Suz. GS500F to a Kat 600 also yellow & black like yours. Looks like an 03 if I'm correct.
            LMT

Comment

It's actually an 04...i thought it was an 02 originally. Here is a shot I took, and one of my old bike. Any tips on cleaning up the lay down?

I am so happy with this thing. I rode about 50 miles today to get a feel for it...what a machine! The smoothness, the acceleration, the balance...an incredible change. You guys were right about shifting. 90% I change gears before 6000 rpms...its a hard habit to get out of. The bike is so beautiful to look at too. i'm in love
              Attached Files

Comment

That yellows looks awesome.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by bdcastrantas
                  Any tips on cleaning up the lay down?
                  Strip off the decal and decide if you want to repair/paint/redecal, or just want to strip the decal off the other side to match.
                  Get a quote from Bob over at EmpireGP on what a little plastic welding and respray would be for that fairing panel.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Great bike! I myself am 5'8" and 150lb, my Kat '94 (750) is a bit tall; when I am stopped and put both feet on the ground all that touches is the balls of my feet so I'll typically lean and go flat-footed on one side or the other. It's such a heavy bike at what, 500 lbs or so? (ps. you guys don't think this is too big?? I handle the bike well and am well accustomed to it, so it's a pleasure not a pain to ride!)

You know I've never rode a cruiser, but these Kat's and SS bikes are where it's at. I sat on a gixxer the other day and it's just not the same though. The Kat's so much more comfortable to sit on and ride. I wouldn't want to ride that gixxer for almost three hours to San Antonio, this Kat's another story though!

Enjoy!
                    Don Thigpen
                    Houston, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by esdparamedic
                      Great bike! I myself am 5'8" and 150lb, my Kat '94 (750) is a bit tall; when I am stopped and put both feet on the ground all that touches is the balls of my feet so I'll typically lean and go flat-footed on one side or the other. It's such a heavy bike at what, 500 lbs or so? (ps. you guys don't think this is too big?? I handle the bike well and am well accustomed to it, so it's a pleasure not a pain to ride!)

Enjoy!
                      500lbs really isn't that bad..unless its laying on top of you. So lets just hope that's never the case. My v-star was about the same weight, just a LOT lower. My dad is roughly the same height I am, and he has a kawasaki concourse (1000cc) with is about 600lbs. He's got a busted knee and he manuevers it pretty well on his tip-toes. I don't think its too big especially considering some of what's out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X