ABS on the kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by Black_peter
    I did not know that.. In fact I've stopped watching the news.
    I just wait for your feeds!!
    The legislation would require electronic stability control in all passenger vehicles for sale by 2009. As far as I can tell, since electronic stability control requires brake access & wheel-spin info, it would also effectively require all vehicles to have advanced ABS systems. With controllable roll-over rates outside the SUV/pick-up truck segment being so tiny a segment of vehicle crashes and deaths, it makes no sense to me (no stability system will compensate for striking an object that sets the car airborn in a rotating motion).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    theres roll over accidents so often here its just odd i think. every couple weeks i hear about another roll over. they all happen on the freeways though.

a friend of mine rolled his pontiac firebird(i forget the year but it was newer). it was on a normal surface road he wasnt going that fast, someone rearended him. somehow his car rolled a few times because of it.
    03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by Black_peter
      I did not know that.. In fact I've stopped watching the news.
      I just wait for your feeds!!
      The legislation would require electronic stability control in all passenger vehicles for sale by 2009. As far as I can tell, since electronic stability control requires brake access & wheel-spin info, it would also effectively require all vehicles to have advanced ABS systems. With controllable roll-over rates outside the SUV/pick-up truck segment being so tiny a segment of vehicle crashes and deaths, it makes no sense to me (no stability system will compensate for striking an object that sets the car airborn in a rotating motion).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Not only will these systems drive up the cost of a vehicle but your insurance as well. Fixing systems, such as deployed airbags, are proving to be too costily. In many instances a vehicle has been written off due to the cost of repairing these complex systems even if there hasn't been much in the way of sustained damage.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
      X