No announcement yet.
X

What I've learned on my trip to Deals Gap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna give it a try, it'll probably be a street fighter after this. Not gonna replace the plastics again
    2001 Katana 600
    1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
    2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

Glad your okay, good luck on the rebuild. I am in the rebuild process right now.

Comment

Holy carp dude. Thats awesome!

If your gonna be a bear be a grizzly!

If you are going to crash your bike set it on fire!

Seriously I never expected to see that pic after reading your list. I am glad to that you are ok. Now go send those pics to Shoei, Astars and Teknic. Maybe you can score some replacements.

Comment

that really sucks! like eveyone else said....glad you're ok.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

WOW Adam. Glad to see that you made it out ok. I am not far from Tellico Plains. Take me about 2 hours to get up there. When will you be coming back through Nashville? Just let me know if you need anything on your way through. Heal up soon.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Dang! I am glad you are still with us! Your motivation to fix her and get going is setting the example!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Wow, Glad to hear your Ok .
                Kyle

Comment

wow, what a surprise, hope nothing else turns up hurting
                  Live and Lean.
                  When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                  Romans 3:23

Comment

Dude, that bites!! Glad the gear worked and you're ok!
                    sigpic

Comment

Holy Bejesus, Batman!
                      I've only seen one Kat with the tank & seat bent up that way... ever... And he didn't walk away on his own...

Needless to say, I'm really happy that you were geared up really well.

You getting the insurance company involved, or planning on doing it all yourself? If you do it yourself, you're going to want some of this: MagnaFlux. Check the headstock, the swingarm mounts and the upper shock mount areas really closely with it to make sure the frame isn't cracked/flawed under the powdercoat in such a way that could turn it into a death trap...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ablank...WOW! Glad to know your OK...and wearing the gear pays off hu? Did ya 2 up for the ride home??
                        I have a personal moto.....you get smarter alot faster by learning not just from your own mistakes, but the mistakes others make.
                        Thanks for the accident input and good luck with the "street fighter"
                        It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          Holy Bejesus, Batman!
                          I've only seen one Kat with the tank & seat bent up that way... ever... And he didn't walk away on his own...
                          actually I did the damage to the seat and tank post wreck when I saw it on fire. I tried to pull the tank off the bike to get it away from the fames.

rode to the hospital in the meatwagon to maksure nothing internal was wrong, rode back to the cabin with my friends in the truck with the bike in the back. it was a good conversation starter while picking up drugs at the pharmacy
                          2001 Katana 600
                          1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
                          2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

Man glad you're alright! sorry to hear of your crash. and hate to see those pics. indeed the dragon commands respect and attention as do alot of the roads over there. good luck putting her back together.

Comment

DAMN DUDE!!!! that could have been a whole lot worse! glad you're OK. just another reason NEVER to ride without gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X