No announcement yet.
X

Wear Clean Underwear, Pics Added 4-10-06

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit happens Lou, don't sweet it. I'm really cautious in the corners for the first month or so... we get lots of salt and sand on the roads up here which doesn't get cleaned off the road 'till mid May.

I had a similar thing happen years ago on my first bike... a Honda CB350... rounded the corner and found gravel across the whole damn road. I was lucky and didn't drop 'er or lop of my head... had to squeeze between a post and guy wire. I did have a good crash on my GPz550 when I hit some wet streetcar tracks...
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I'm really cautious in the corners for the first month or so... we get lots of salt and sand on the roads up here which doesn't get cleaned off the road 'till mid May.
      Thats good advice in general for everyone north of the mason-dixon line to follow. Always take it easy on unfamiliar roads and in the spring till you shake the rust off and the roads have a chance to be cleaned off by some nice heavy rains.

But since Lou lives down south now, he doesnt have to worry about that whole winterizing thing anymore... oh BTW Lou have I told you that you SUCK lately ?

Comment

Originally posted by mod4
        Seriously, I've had my "bell rung" a few times and came back to my senses standing on my feet wondering what the heck happened .... it's a pretty strange feeling, ain't it ?
        Yeah, that feeling was hella weird. It was like my body felt like it was still moving, and I was standing there in the road, and my legs were all wobbily, and it took me a second (felt like forever) to get my bearings and lift my bike up outa the middle of the road, and start bringing it to the gas station across the street.

I am used to riding up north, watching for the slick stuff in the turns after winter is over, and that is why it was so shocking to see this junk in the road. All the roads I hit where paved, so I don't understand where this patch of gravel came from. There was no warning or any other type of sign that there was going to be such debri in the road.

And yes Matt, you have made mention of that lately.... and I have almost forgot about that word... "Winterize"
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Dang Lou that sux man...call me if u need anything. When you get better you need to come back to ATL and we can chill.....im 21 now and i have fridays and saturdays off....plus i just got my new superhawk....so yea u need to come visit.
          R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by RydeBye
            Dang Lou that sux man...call me if u need anything. When you get better you need to come back to ATL and we can chill.....im 21 now and i have fridays and saturdays off....plus i just got my new superhawk....so yea u need to come visit.
            Correction.... YOU need to come visit!

Check it!

Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Here are some pics of the bike once I got it back home..

Here you can see when I hit the windsheild, I pushed the WS thorugh part of the fairing..

Here is the small amount of rash I got on the side fairing, the mirror kinda held the bike up I guess, and the mirror got some minor rash on the housing from it.

Here you can see the engine casing took a bit of abuse from the road, but no leaks or cracks. I think I am gona invest in some NRC covers in the near future to protect the bike and engine further.

Here you can see the Bolt-Hole and how it pulled through the fairing. This is the top bolt-hole where the bolt holds in the rubber bushing for the windscreen.

Here is a pic once I got the windshield back in, and tried to straighten the crack out a bit by hand. I am going to leave it like it is for now, and look into getting a new fairing peice, and use this one to practice plastic welding on.

And here is that top bolt hole that hold in the rubber bushing of the Wind Sheild, not to bad.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Glad you're OK (physically that is )

Comment

Ouch that sucks.couldnt imagine.....I'm watching VTwin tv on speed channel right now...could be worse couldnt it......Thank God for Beer and Kats!Be good you'll have it back in no time.....

Comment

Wow I'll say you hit the windshield you pushed it right out of the fairing too ! Geez you must have big head

Comment

Happy to see you are healing and in good spirits, Can't wait to see the new Sweet Lou machine next year. Hang in there.
                      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Having experienced that myself on a previous bike, I know what that stunned initial shock is like (stupid gravel/sand). How can something so insignificant make life on a bike so miserable. I'm really happy you and that Kat escaped with only minor injuries. Anxiously awaiting the unveiling of the new colour.

Comment

Wow, sheeite can happen so fast Glad to hear walked away from it.

Comment

Working...
                          X