X

bigger rear rim on 97 katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigger rear rim on 97 katana?

i want to know is it possible to put a wider rim or tire on the 97 kat? if so what is the nessesery steps. can anyone help me?

get a 4.5 inch wide wheel from a post 98(easiest, nets a 160/170 tire), or do some creative fabricating and wedge a wider gixxer 5.5 or busa 6.0 wheel in it(lots of fab, can get up to a 190 in there). both have been done succesfully.

link--->http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93142

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i could just buy a bigger tire to make it bigger? or is it the whole wheel? sorry i am new

oh i see. thanx for the link. i would have to make a whole custom thing.
      Last edited by bennyblanco; 03-31-2009, 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by bennyblanco View Post
        i want to know is it possible to put a wider rim or tire on the 97 kat? if so what is the nessesery steps. can anyone help me?
        Other than aesthetics....why would you want to? Regardless how wide your tire is, there's only so much rubber that meets the road. This reminds me of guys who jack up their cars and put wider tires on the rear. The cars don't go any faster and handle like crap on curves. Just my thoughts.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by bennyblanco View Post
          i could just buy a bigger tire to make it bigger? or is it the whole wheel? sorry i am new

oh i see. thanx for the link. i would have to make a whole custom thing.
          You could mount a 4.5" wheel with very little modificatons needed. Either the post 98 Kat rear wheel, or if you want to match your pre curved spokes, find a rf600 rear wheel.

Wider than 4.5" rim or a 170 tire, and your probably looking at some pretty major modding.

Before choosing, make sure you know why you want it, and prioritize what is most important.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X