2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NautilusbajaKat View Post
      Check here:

americanmototire.com

The prices are OK!
      I go with them every time , which is usually twice per year . Good price , decent turnaround times , and decent customer service (from what I recall , but it's been a while since I NEEDED that from them ...) .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well the tires that are on there now are avon azaros . from what i was told when i got the bike ( years ago ) these were the tires to get . i figured since time brings better things i should ask the more experienced riders there opinions . i wish i had the bucks to try everything but i don't . anyways thanks i'll let you all know how they work out .

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

Diablo Corsa III's, I want them.
          That's what I'm using, don't think I'm a good enough rider to really know how good they are. Seem to be holding up well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post
            well the tires that are on there now are avon azaros . from what i was told when i got the bike ( years ago ) these were the tires to get .
            Had 'em . Once I got the Pirelli Sport Demons , I realized how much I DIDN'T like the AV44/45's . And the Diablo Stradas were better than the Sport Demons by about as much as the Sport Demons were better than the Avons THAT ! So yeah .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just put a set of Conti Sport Attacks on about 2 hours ago, went out and scrubbed them in and all I have to say is these tires are awesome. They soak up the bumps very well. The bike falls into the corners much better than with the Z6's. Feel very stable at a pretty good lean angle. The Sport Attacks give much better feedback as well. Still scrubbing them in so I am not pushing it too much, but when I got back I had just about 1/2 inch of chicken strips. I am impressed already.
              Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
                I just put a set of Conti Sport Attacks on about 2 hours ago, went out and scrubbed them in and all I have to say is these tires are awesome. They soak up the bumps very well. The bike falls into the corners much better than with the Z6's. Feel very stable at a pretty good lean angle. The Sport Attacks give much better feedback as well. Still scrubbing them in so I am not pushing it too much, but when I got back I had just about 1/2 inch of chicken strips. I am impressed already.
                Just curious Jimbo if the real difference is the shock/tire combo and not all just in the tires? My point is you had the Z6's with a bad rear shock and then changed the shock but had a worn rear tire, Now you have a new shock and new tires so just wondering if you feel that is a fair comparison?

Tmod

Comment

To a point yes. Although the contour of the Conti's is much different than the Z6, and it leans much easier, the bike actually feels lighter. It also feels much more aggressive than it ever has. Slow speed maneuvering is much easier and more stable as well. I know that the combination of the shock/tires has made a huge improvement. But the Conti's feel much better than the Z6's did when they were new. Granted it has been a year since I put the Z6's.
                  Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
                    To a point yes. Although the contour of the Conti's is much different than the Z6, and it leans much easier, the bike actually feels lighter. It also feels much more aggressive than it ever has. Slow speed maneuvering is much easier and more stable as well. I know that the combination of the shock/tires has made a huge improvement. But the Conti's feel much better than the Z6's did when they were new. Granted it has been a year since I put the Z6's.
                    Ok fair enough, looks like I will be taking a look at the Conti's next time.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                    X