Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
    Dunlop qualifiers
    Yea........ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. lol
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Conti Road Attack
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Continental Road Attacks are pretty good. That is what I ran on my Kat 600.

Metzeler has also impressed me with the Sportec M3's on my SV650. They seem to do well all around, only problem I found with them is on (my) maximum lean angle (riding on the elephants) they seem to slip a little, but they are predictable, and seem to last OK.
        Currently Riding:
        1995 Katana 600
        V&H Exhaust
        Jet Kit

SOLD
        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
        1987 XV700 Bobber
        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post
          Better than Stock Tires ~
          I thought Dunlop were stock? Atleast on my pre they were.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
            I thought Dunlop were stock? Atleast on my pre they were.

I think it is the 750's come stock with the dunbflops and the 600's with the cheap Crap-o-dambs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Idk what you guys are talking about. The Dunlops are bomb! I figure if they are good enough to be the tire of choice for the new SS bikes, they must be good enough for my kat!

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                Conti Road attacks or Metzler Z6's. Can't go wrong with either one.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

well i looked over some prices from dennis kirk and bike bandit . seems bike bandit has the better price . front tire 120/70-17 = $122.00 , rear tire 150/70-17 $158.00 . these are what were reccomended to me by you guys , the metzeler roadtec z6 sport touring tires .

Comment

dennis kirk will price match if you call them. I've done this in the past just because from my experience they ship faster than bikebandit.

Comment

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
                      Idk what you guys are talking about. The Dunlops are bomb! I figure if they are good enough to be the tire of choice for the new SS bikes, they must be good enough for my kat!
                      Lol they're not good enough to be the tire of choice, they pass a bunch of money on to the companies to be the tire of choice. 90% of new sportbike owners dump them immediately, same with Bridgestones (although the BT021 seems to be nice, I HATED the Battleaxes)

Diablo Corsa III's, I want them.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Dunlops definately were not factory tires on the pre 750 in 93. I don't know about later years, but it was the same craptastic macadam (sp?) as on the 600s when I bought mine.

Some stealerships may have changed them out to sell them better?...

Krey

And I'm really likeing the feel of the conti atm.
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i ran the avon storms and they're good. i got 6500mi out of the rear, and the front is still on it w/ around 12K. I've learned that i must be very hard on tires! i rarely get 5,000 miles on any tire i try. i dragged my knees around 60, 180, and down Blood MT in N Georgia with them on, so they stick very good.

Comment

tires are on there way ! less than 300 .00 from bike bandit . z6 roadtecs .

Comment

I think RonAyers is even cheaper:

Comment

Tire prices

Check here:

americanmototire.com

The prices are OK!

Comment

Working...
                                X