X

Kat 1100 front fork valving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turns out it was the tire....

I was posting this on a local forum, and it all got narrowed down to the tire/rim. I swapped out the tire with a spare, everything is aok....

it looks great, its an avon storm II with 7000km on it. Its about 1/2 gone, but it wibbles and wobbles...I wasnt happy with the first Avon, Im not happy with this one, time to go back to Conti, I dont like any of the offerings from metzler or Pirelli. Maybe a Michelin...who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnuisgod View Post
      turns out it was the tire....

I was posting this on a local forum, and it all got narrowed down to the tire/rim. I swapped out the tire with a spare, everything is aok....

it looks great, its an avon storm II with 7000km on it. Its about 1/2 gone, but it wibbles and wobbles...I wasnt happy with the first Avon, Im not happy with this one, time to go back to Conti, I dont like any of the offerings from metzler or Pirelli. Maybe a Michelin...who knows.

I liked my conti tires a lot.

The Michelin I love. I can't think of a single negative or critique of them at all. They have significantly better traction wet, great dry, longer life, great profiles, smoother ride.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        I liked my conti tires a lot.

The Michelin I love. I can't think of a single negative or critique of them at all. They have significantly better traction wet, great dry, longer life, great profiles, smoother ride.

Krey
        Krey,

Which conti's are you fond of? Since Im fairly low milage ( I made my last set of Avons last 4 years and ~10000 miles) Im thinking I can afford to put on a faster wearing (stickier) tires.

I also have a kat1100 front rim I want to get rid of, with rotors and everything. I cant post in the buy and sell pages, I dont have enough posts. Know anyone who wants one, free (they pay shipping)?

Cheers
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnuisgod View Post
          Krey,

Which conti's are you fond of? Since Im fairly low milage ( I made my last set of Avons last 4 years and ~10000 miles) Im thinking I can afford to put on a faster wearing (stickier) tires.

I also have a kat1100 front rim I want to get rid of, with rotors and everything. I cant post in the buy and sell pages, I dont have enough posts. Know anyone who wants one, free (they pay shipping)?

Cheers
          Alan

I've used both the ContiForce tire, and the Conti Road Attacks. I still have a bike with a set of the road attacks on it (pre 600).

I thought both were good tires.

The Michelin Pilot Road 3s or 4s are noticeably better though if your considering tires.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            I've used both the ContiForce tire, and the Conti Road Attacks. I still have a bike with a set of the road attacks on it (pre 600).

I thought both were good tires.

The Michelin Pilot Road 3s or 4s are noticeably better though if your considering tires.
            They make those in 16"??
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              They make those in 16"??

Nope, and most good tires made today are not either.

A rim swap would be a good upgrade to have much better tire options.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
              X