X

01' front wheel fit on 03'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01' front wheel fit on 03'?

I have a flat spot on my 2003 front wheel so I ordered an 01' replacement I noticed the rim is the same width and size except the center hub is skinnier. My 03' discs brakes are flat the 01' discs flare out Im guessing it will fit fine. Anyone know?

Nope....not compatible. You would have to change out front rotors also. That is why 98-02 (I think) are flared and 03-06 are flat. Different wheel design.

You can mount it up, but the rotors will NOT fit into the calipers.

If you had to order it anyway... why not get the right year??

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I got it off ebay. I do have the new rotors. So maybe I can use the 01' rotors that flare so they can slide into the calipers.

Like I know for a fact the 03' rotors will not work with the 01' wheel, but I think the 01' rotors with the 01' wheel should work. I hope so at least

Comment

You may run into a problem with the spacers being too narrow. If the center of the rim is narrower where the bearings are, you may need longer spacers in there to keep it centered.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Yea we were looking at it and it's definateley going to need wider spacers on the axle. Ill stop by suzuki shop tomm. I dont even have a big enough socket to fit the allan screw to loosen the axle yet. So Ill find out tomm. Thanks

Comment

Anyone know if the front forks are any different on an 02' and 03'? I am wondering if will be easier to buy just the spacers or just sell the 02' rim/tire and buy an 03' rim.

My suzuki shop just re-opened and said their parts dept. is not opened yet. So Im gonna have a hard time finding the spacers by this weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X