X

ok so i am retarded but please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so i am retarded but please help

took the bike to get gas broke the key off in the gas tanks so i thought i would hot wire it to get me home only had 2 wires coming out of the ignition switch so i found a spot i could get at them easy and pulled back the shielding and bound them together got all the lights and everything working so tried to fire it up it ran good put it in gear and took off got about 10 feet and it died got a truck and loaded it up took it home got the key out had one made and patched the wires up when to turn it on nothing checked the fuses thinking i blew one when i tried to hot wire it but all fuses was good what should i start looking for next?
    You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused. Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

what year are you working on ?

guessing you have only checked the acc. fuses , follow the + cable away from the battery there should be main fuses or a resetable breaker

find service manual here

read up on your year and it may save you some time
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

After looking at the fuses uhh you might have burned a wire up
      Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

reset button in front of the battery on the right. round cap about an inch in diameter with a small button in the center(less than an 1/8 of an inch). Push it down?? (shrugg)
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

i did virtually the same thing. and yeah that reset switch is the answer.

Comment

try doing the same thing with the wires maybe it will work

Comment

only 2 wires coming out of the ignition switch??? there should be at least 4. if properly jumpered for the ignition with only two wires, you should have had ignition power, headlight & gauge lights, and no tail light. what is/was the colors of the two wires?
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
              X