X

ignitor boxes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignitor boxes

Hi I never posted before and I'm pretty lost here. I have a 97' katana 600 that I think has a bad ignitor box. My friend has an 04 Katana 600. My question is, would it be ok to use the box in the 04 in the 97 to see if I can get my bike to turnover? Are they compatible enough to perform this test? Or, would it possibly cause damage?

Nope the wiring is different. The 96-97 have their own box. The post has a TPS sensor which means more pins. What is the problem?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks for the info. Saved me tearing into my buddies bike just to find it wasn't going to work. The problem is no spark at all. I went through the system with a multimeter and I've narrowed it down to the ignitor. I just wanted to test it before I layed the cash down for another one. Just wanted to be double sure.

Comment

You don't have the tools neccessary to test the CDI. Your pickup will cause that issue. Don't just go by resistance on it, we found that it could measure good but, be bad and they are cheap.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X