Howdy fellas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy fellas

I'm Terry, I'm 25.

Interestingly enough I've never ridden dirtbikes or motorcycles prior to a couple years ago let alone a minibike I had when I was much younger, so I'm pretty much a new rider. I understand how to take apart the bike better than I understand riding quite yet as I've only been riding solidly for maybe a couple weeks, I've practiced on my friends before for a couple months although I wouldnt say it was any significant amount of riding.

My roofing foreman offered to sell me all the parts for a GSX750F katana with a 2001 bandit GSF600S engine and help me put it together which I gladly accepted. I received the parts in august of 2013, put the bike together and when we did we were missing a part for the swing arm, we used a different part which didn't work quite as well... I don't know terminology well enough to say what it was, although it allowed the back tire to kick just a bit when the guy was test driving it and it went down hard around the end of 2014.

Now I have it all together and running well. I assembled the bike well enough that I understand how to do any form of maintenance that needs to be done to some extent although I don't know terminology for anything. My goal here is to learn through others mistakes/help as well as help others when possible, Also find other people to chat with about bikes and learn more in every way possible.

Don't know to many people at this time who own motorcycles, so all the help I can get I appreciate.

I'll post picture of the bike when its a bit nicer out. rainy and cold today

for a little more background about me. I'm mainly something of a computer geek you could say, I'm enrolled in college and pursuing my bachelor in information systems security.... Although I must say most people have no idea I'm an IT guy until I tell them. I also do work on cars to some extent, nothing to serious.... I was roofing for 4 years and know my way around different forms of roofs quite well. I'm proficient in drywall,flooring,concrete, mainly all forms of construction I could be considered a handy man whos a geek due to my IT background.

asides from that I'm living in milwaukee, wi where I just moved about a year ago. and thats about it.

edit pictures of bike----------------------------------------

Last edited by JohnnyPossum; 04-13-2015, 08:44 PM.

Welcome to KR.

Be safe and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Kat. I was stationed at Ft McCoy, WI during the Cuban Crisis, but you're probably too young to know what that was all about! Sure is pretty up that way, great fishing too.
            2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
            2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
            1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
            1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
            1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Welcome aboard!
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=147 this may help with learning curve. Just remember to gear up always and drive like they are out to get you. because they are.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
                    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Kat. I was stationed at Ft McCoy, WI during the Cuban Crisis, but you're probably too young to know what that was all about! Sure is pretty up that way, great fishing too.
                    Yes you are correct Rectol, I know nothing of the Cuban Crisis, must be due to my age.

and thanks for accepting me here everyone. seems like a good place to be

Comment

Welcome mate to the site

Comment

Haha, they did teach about the " Cuban missle crisis" in school. I missed it by a couple years myself.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Gads Terry, now I really feel old!
                          2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
                          2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
                          1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
                          1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
                          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Gads Terry, now I really feel old!
                            I'm only 25 so I doubt thats the case....

Comment

photos of bike added to original post. I'll have more room in the garage once my roomate gets his broken car out. I squish my bike on the side there so we can still fit vehicles in.... gotta love how small that bike is, I can park it anywhere

also, as you can see I have the gps taped over the spedometer, the gear for the spedometer fell out and it don't work now, on the prowl for another one currently ( meaning that entire black plastic piece with the spedometer, fuel gauge and rpms, just don't know what its called atm)... and I've been looking at these RAM cradle holders for gps for the future.... not sure if I'd prefer to makeshift my own or use one of those which are pretty damn nice
                              Last edited by JohnnyPossum; 04-13-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X