X

New Kat member here...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat member here...

Glad to be here guys. I have been riding cruisers for about 20 yrs and just acquired a '99 Katana for a little of nothing. Love the feel of the bike for the little I have ridden it. I have been fighting a fuel problem on it that makes me want to pull my hair out 😡.

Welcome to KatRiders. Like so many others have experienced, carb cleaning/rebuilding/setup is critical on these bikes. Familiarize yourself with the search tool and dig into carbs 101 & carbs 102. Time well spent. Wrench on.

Comment

Welcome to katriders.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum fellow Texan! I ride down to Shiner often, we have to get together some time. Your problem is probably dirty carbs, very common with these CV carbs, especially with this modern gas. Pull them off and clean them really good and get them syched and you'll be surprised how much difference it makes. Also, when you pull the tank off, check your fuel pepcock to make sure its flowing and not clogged up and check your fuel lines for crimps. When I bought mine and pulled the tank off, i was surprised to find the fuel line to carbs 3 & 4 had a 90 degree kink in it, I'm surorised any fuel was able to get through that bend.
          2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
          2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
          1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
          1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Thanks guys. I will be in SA with the family this weekend if it doesn't rain.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm just up the road from you and ride out old Hwy 90 through Shinner now and then, we need to meet one of these days.
                  2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
                  2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
                  1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
                  1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
                  1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                  X