X

Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light

Does anyone with a Post Kat have one of those Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Tail Lights? If so can you make a video? I'd like to see just how bright they are compared to our regular tail lights..

Thanks

the brake light is really bright, however, the turn signals suck. They are impossible to see. especially when you are using the brake also.

I still have mine, however I only use it for the brake light.

I have installed some incandescent short stalk turn signals for turning.

Comment

Originally posted by jeddi03 View Post
      the brake light is really bright, however, the turn signals suck. They are impossible to see. especially when you are using the brake also.

I still have mine, however I only use it for the brake light.

I have installed some incandescent short stalk turn signals for turning.
      Ah.. Then I'll just get the LED Brake Light from them.. I'm still trying to figure out signal issue.. Friends are telling me they can't see my turn signals until they are right on me during the day..

Comment

That was the same issue I was running into. That is why I went with a turn signal that used an incandescent bulb. Most LED's just aren't very bright during the day. When I get home I will post a pic of my signals and proof that they work well.

Comment

That was the same issue I was running into. That is why I went with a turn signal that used an incandescent bulb. Most LED's just aren't very bright during the day. When I get home I will post a pic of my signals and proof that they work well.
          You must not have stock than? I got the stock signals on right now.. Nobody can see them...

Comment

No they are not stock. I went through four or five pairs from cycle gear before I could find the ones that actually work.

I'm sorry I couldn't get a picture. We had a water main break on my project and we were working on it late into the night.

I will get you a pic today.

Comment

I'm having the same issue, I'd like to get something that i can be seen in during the day.
              Jeddi maybe you can post the site that you got them from.......

Comment

I did the same mod on my Kat, it had those crappy little under the tail lights that could not be seen at all. This is a big step up from where I was.

There is a pic of the turn signal in action here (indoors): http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81429

Hope this helps,

I will try to get a pic or small vid if it is light out when I get home to a camera.

Comment

Yep! I have one on my Kat as well Storm. I use hand (arm) signals to let people know I am turning.

If you get one, make sure to re-solder the connections to the resistors, as the factory solder job just sucks the big one.
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Hey Storm, check these out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-I...6759QQtcZphoto

I picked up one from this guy for my gixxer and it's really nice. Cheaper than CA as well.

Long Live the D

Comment

Here are links to pictures that I took today of my set-up.

The turn signals that I have were purchased from cycle gear and are the incandescent iridium short stalk turn signals.

I no longer have the box to get the model number but there are motrax brand. They are super bright day and night.

Comment

Thanks jeddi.. I'll check out Cycle Gear for them.

These be it?
                        Last edited by Storm; 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jeddi and Storm....
                          I'll have the order in soon...

Comment

Yeah those look like them.

Comment

are there any signals for the front that are flatter out there? or should i just do some fiberclass work when i paint it?

Comment

Working...
                              X