X

OMG!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
    +1 for fun.. my course used all cbr125's there heavier than you would think a 125 would be and lots of fun. but EXTREMLY confidence inspiring compared to our stupidly heavy kats
    Wow lucky lol, we used eliminators and rebels

Comment

I took the class on a 250 Rebel but that was back in '89. The class I went to last summer had 250 Ninjas for loaners but I did it on my Kat.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

It took me a long time to pull the trigger and go ahead and buy a bike years ago because I was afraid that I would get hurt. Either from people on the road or from me doing something stupid.

The fact that your first real ride scared you, in my opinion, I think is a good thing. You should always respect the position you put yourself in whenever you throw a leg over a bike and go out.

With time and experience you will gain confidence and hopefully you will reach a balance between your anxiety and your confidence. As you get used to how to operate the bike, and ride, you will become more aware of your surroundings and what you are doing on the bike will be more and more instinctual. And eventually your anxiety will turn into caution.

With experience you will also start to see things "coming" at you further down the road than you do right now. and you will be ready for them before they become actual hazards. That goes a long way in curbing your fears.

I think there has been some really good advice given in the posts.. take short rides in roads that you are confortable in, work your way into riding little by little.
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

It's good to be scared a little but not terrified. In 2010 when I got back from Iraq I rode a dirt bike for the first time ever in my life and I wasn't scared at all ended up breaking both my legs. Then last year I wanted a motorcycle so bad, my friend had just bought a 2011 ninja 650R and he let me ride it in a parking lot. When I got off the bike I was shaking but still excited and scared at the same time. Then I bought my 93 kat about 3 weeks ago and I love it in not terrified of it but I respect it.

Comment

Scared is one thing, alert is another. The difference is when you're prepared the fear goes away. See my previous post in this thread.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by soulless kaos View Post
              It's good to be scared a little but not terrified. In 2010 when I got back from Iraq I rode a dirt bike for the first time ever in my life and I wasn't scared at all ended up breaking both my legs. Then last year I wanted a motorcycle so bad, my friend had just bought a 2011 ninja 650R and he let me ride it in a parking lot. When I got off the bike I was shaking but still excited and scared at the same time. Then I bought my 93 kat about 3 weeks ago and I love it in not terrified of it but I respect it.
              I had the same experience on a 650R.. was scared ****less.. but that was when I was test driving the bike and was probably because the bike was so friggen light a nice gust blew me across a lane... Don't have that problem on the Kat

Comment

Relax, get the MSF course done and ride with other, more experienced riders. Stay in less populated areas first. Your confidence will build over time.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

there is nothing wrong with a healthy amout of fear , helps us make better decisions
                  But not sure why you are terrified
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Respect=good
                    Fear=bad
                    No respect=stupid
                    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Relax. You'll be kicking doors and flipping people off in no time.

Comment

thanks everyone... as soon as a class becomes open i will be in it ..i am ready to ride again ...
                        "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Comment

Staying in the saddle shows character. Be wise and I'm sure you'll get there faster than you'd expect.
                          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                          X