X

proper ride height

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper ride height

so the previous owner of my 02 kat was short. reeeeeally short. maybe 5'4''. so she slamed the crap out of the bike with a lowering link and lowered the front as well.

well normal i wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it didn't bother me when i rode. going in a straight line, all good. but when i came to turns and small dips in the road, the bottom faring and sometimes at big dips, my pipes even scraped on the ground. also my turn radius was limited because the bottom fairing would rub the ground before i could lean over more.

tonight, i took matters into my own hands. i noticed the aftermarket links had a hole above the one it was set to, so i moved it up one. the holes were prob only 2 cm apart from each other, but it translated into being 2-3 inches in ride height difference. i noticed that right as i sat on it, i felt leaning forward a bit more. i have not raised the front back up yet, as i dont know how exactly. research to come.

began to go out for a test ride, and BAM! the feeling is as if i'm on a totally different, more "sporty" bike. the handling is alot more sensitive and nimble and i could get much greater leans. ill test ride around a bit to see if i like this setting and maybe ill raise the front later depending on if its more safer or makes for a better riding experience.

inputs on this last paragraph is welcomed. sorry its so long.

P.s. need new stand as the old was was a chopped on to fit the lowered setting. thinking of getting used centerstand and just using that all the time. but might look a bit dorky

lower the fork tubes until they are flush with the triple tree and clip ons. pics will help
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Those sound like 2/4" lowering links.. Top setting is 2 inchs below stock.. bottom is 4 inches below stock.. I found my bike had those and had the dealer that I bought it from swap them with stock (they did it for free since they kept the lowered links).

Comment

ill post pics to come

Comment

Working...
        X