No announcement yet.
X

My New Katana is Home :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean it dies when you put it in gear?
    There's a safety switch on the sidestand that shuts off the engine if the stand is still down when you put the bike in gear. The obvious thing is to ask if you've been leaving the sidestand down or at least not folding it all the way up. If you have then you may have a bad switch or a weak sidestand spring.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      You mean it dies when you put it in gear?
      There's a safety switch on the sidestand that shuts off the engine if the stand is still down when you put the bike in gear. The obvious thing is to ask if you've been leaving the sidestand down or at least not folding it all the way up. If you have then you may have a bad switch or a weak sidestand spring.
      Thanks bill for comn thru,
      but its not the kick stand, sorry i shouldve been more clear explanning my prob.

what i meant to say is, im having a hard time working out the clutch and the throttle on the first gear from a cold stop ( like in a red light or a stop sign ) but if the bike is moving i feel like i can shift inbetween.

but once again, its just getting the bike going from a stop on first gear is the issue, it either dies, or jumps .. whats the right way to work the clutch and the throttle ?
      !!Never Doubt an Engineer!!
      BMW 335 XI S.O.- Suzuki Katana 600
      ! life is good !

Comment

Nice bike! Welcome to KR.

Comment

Originally posted by MOtana View Post
          Thanks bill for comn thru,
          but its not the kick stand, sorry i shouldve been more clear explanning my prob.

what i meant to say is, im having a hard time working out the clutch and the throttle on the first gear from a cold stop ( like in a red light or a stop sign ) but if the bike is moving i feel like i can shift inbetween.

but once again, its just getting the bike going from a stop on first gear is the issue, it either dies, or jumps .. whats the right way to work the clutch and the throttle ?
          It sounds like your letting the clutch out too quick!
          Let it out slow as you slowly roll on the throttle, you just need to get used to the biting point of the clutch that's all

Comment

Welcome,

The key to good start is knowing exactly where the clutch starts to engage.
            Couple of the thing to do.
            Even though the Kat has very little toque below 3k, you can practice smooth clutch engagement by going to a parking lot with no traffic and practice starting without using any throttle. You have to get to the start of the engagement point then let the bike get up to speed before letting out the rest of the way.
            It takes a bit of practice but it teaches your hand muscle memory on where the engagement point is.
            Once you got that figured out, then you apply throttle at that engagement point when starting normally.
            It'll become second nature once you get used to it.
            Good luck.:bunny2
            Blackdog
            DRz-400e plated
            Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

congrats
              2004 Honda ST1300
              1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                Welcome,

The key to good start is knowing exactly where the clutch starts to engage.
                Couple of the thing to do.
                Even though the Kat has very little toque below 3k, you can practice smooth clutch engagement by going to a parking lot with no traffic and practice starting without using any throttle. You have to get to the start of the engagement point then let the bike get up to speed before letting out the rest of the way.
                It takes a bit of practice but it teaches your hand muscle memory on where the engagement point is.
                Once you got that figured out, then you apply throttle at that engagement point when starting normally.
                It'll become second nature once you get used to it.
                Good luck.:bunny2
                Well said BlackDog,

thank you , i'll be on it today after work ! and will feed back tomorrow.
                ! life is good !

Comment

Welcome.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

As others have already said.. Nice Bike, Congrats, and Welcome to KR!
                    Tony
                    1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                      Wow, I had to look outside to make sure my bike was out there. Looks just like mine. D&D pipe, smoke windscreen, fender eliminator and all. Welcome to KR!
                      haha, i see you bro lol,
                      one day will twin roll the highway

tell me about your bike.. im still new to this bike ( first bike )
                      ! life is good !

Comment

Working...
                      X