X

Im in love <3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im in love <3

So as some of you know, I sold my Katana a week ago and picked up a '97 Honda Super Blackbird. I have to say, this bike is loads of fun! It involves a little more physical work to actually ride than my zx14 does, but I enjoy that. I will be keeping this bike. I already ordered the GIVI wingrack system for it so it's going to be my touring bike. In the beginning of August, I'm taking a trip down to West Virginia. Should be a fun ride
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

be sure and post some pics up
    2004 Honda ST1300
    1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Come on now Seth, why do you need two touring bikes

Just poking fun, lets see those pics. Love the dos equis.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

nice... enjoy the ride.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

I'm jealous. I've wanted a Blackbird for three years...
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Good friend of mine in So Cal is talking to a stealership today about possibly buying a 2002 model.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
              Good friend of mine in So Cal is talking to a stealership today about possibly buying a 2002 model.
              Ive actually heard a lot from forum members that the carbeurated model is actually more fun to ride that the FI model. I have ridden both, and now owning a carb bike, it does respond very well and pulls very very hard.
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                Ive actually heard a lot from forum members that the carbeurated model is actually more fun to ride that the FI model. I have ridden both, and now owning a carb bike, it does respond very well and pulls very very hard.
                but would you really want carbs when so many have gone out of their way to get the convenience of EFI when EFI is an option?
                Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                  but would you really want carbs when so many have gone out of their way to get the convenience of EFI when EFI is an option?
                  If the carb model is rated better, then yea, id take a carb bike. it warms up very fast, have no issues with it. FI is nice, got it on my 07 ninja zx14 but i dont really mind the carbs. just when they are cold blooded is it a big problem
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                    The only reason anyone goes with EFI is because it's convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      very true. I dont mind carbeurators at all. the only basic downsides are they get gunked up periodically and it takes the bike an extra 2 mins to warm up on a cold morning
                      Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        So I shouldn't do my EFI conversion because it will be too convenient?
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                        X