Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

bike down left side , oil leaking right side , ideas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike down left side , oil leaking right side , ideas?

i crashed on the freeway and bike fell and slide on the left side , after replacing the engine cover and riding it i have oil leaking from the right side of engine .
    seems somewhere close to the oil line , oil comes out enough onto my leg from the side vent hole in fairing
    anyone know if this is common and anyone know what i should do to fix
    thanks

sigpic

I don't know, my friend, but it is certainly good hearing from you...Kreylin or Arsenic may chime in and help you.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Oil cooler, or the line connection point.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Take it to the car wash, get rid of all the oil, run the engine and see where the oil comes from. Repair accordingly.
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
          I don't know, my friend, but it is certainly good hearing from you...Kreylin or Arsenic may chime in and help you.
          hi , thanks u2

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Oil cooler, or the line connection point.
          if this is it , is easy fix? trying to figure out what I should try to order to replace for fixing it

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
          Take it to the car wash, get rid of all the oil, run the engine and see where the oil comes from. Repair accordingly.
          ya I washed it once , and really couldn't figure it out , I think its the line
          Last edited by Malloc; 12-06-2014, 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          sigpic

Comment

If it's the line, it's just 2 banjo bolts on each line. The oil cooler is almost as easy.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Wash it down, let it dry, coat the area with some baby powder then run it. You will easily find where your leak is coming from...

Comment

Don't power wash your bike with a hot motor , can cause cracks to pop up .
                Cars exsusht manifolds are very common to crack when hot with a water bath .
                Seems to be a easy repair once you isolated the issue .

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                  Wash it down, let it dry, coat the area with some baby powder then run it. You will easily find where your leak is coming from...
                  This,, come on where are the fat chick jokes?!!
                  Blackdog
                  DRz-400e plated
                  Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Working...
                  X