Anyone ride on these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ride on these?

I saw a post somewhere in here about these tires,

got me a new front. this is my first new tire for the Kat, and wanted to make sure they are worth getting. dont want to get a back tire if its not worth it. I do like the tire treat and it seems to get good reviews.

ok found the post and I wasn't wrong with these tires.
    Last edited by seriss_cweald; 09-22-2008, 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
    Bumblee Bee Tuna

They look like the normal Conti tread pattern but the description seems to indicate a deeper thus "dual sport" tread.

Comment

I run these tires, best tires ive owned out of dunlop gt501s and etc on various bikes, hang good, do well in rain, and mileage is not shabby at all..... best of all, i got mine price mached , 123$ for the rear,.... wonderful wonderful..
      Currently Riding:
      1995 Katana 600
      V&H Exhaust
      Jet Kit

SOLD
      2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
      1987 XV700 Bobber
      REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

they are just conti road, the 'dual sport' is very misleading, CP... send them an email

Comment

I put about 425 miles on my Kat yesterday (mostly canyons), with the wife on the back. My Road Attacks worked great, I run the 120/70, and 150/70 combo. Easy turn in even 2 up, they hold a line even in bumpy corners very well, and never felt like they were going to lose traction whatsoever. I was able to scrub off most of the chicken strips riding 2 up, went as far as I care to lean with the wife on the back. Also did well in a short stretch of heavy rain in a portion of the ride.

Last edited by Psycho1; 09-22-2008, 11:14 AM.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

I just ordered a set of these for my Kat. Only got 5500 miles out of the Michelin tires that came on the bike when I bought it. I think the Michelins were the OEM tires as my bike only had 518 miles on it when I bought it?

I went with the stock sizes 120/70 and 150/70. I hope to get more miles out of the Continental Road Attack. If you are running these tires about how many miles do you have on them so far? Do you still like them?

Comment

I just bought some this week, hopefully will have them put on in the next day or so. Got the 120/70F and 150/70R also
              'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

I had the same tire in a 190 on the back of my bike when I bought it. It was pretty toast and the bike only had 7k miles on it, the front was a wash.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking where did you get yours through? The local dealership here will price match with online stores so they are going to match the price I can get them for online at $245.61 shipped at derby cycles.

Comment

jesus bring a thread back from the dead will ya!

http://www.ridedirect.com/showProduc...1097&cat_id=42 has em cheaper

Get conti sport attacks $228 shipped (120/70/17 front 160/60/17 rear)

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                      jesus bring a thread back from the dead will ya!

http://www.ridedirect.com/showProduc...1097&cat_id=42 has em cheaper

Get conti sport attacks $228 shipped (120/70/17 front 160/60/17 rear)
                      I wanted to go with those but my local dealership does not list and/or stock them, not sure why... They also won't M&B any tire they do not sell!

I'm no expert but aren't the sport attack a softer rubber then the road attack?

Comment

Since the thread is back from the dead...

Brilliant tire in the dry, but as good as it is in the dry, it is at least as bad in the wet. I have never felt my bike so nervous as I did on slab with the road attacks mounted up. If I ever find myself with a wet bike and a dry bike, I might run them again, otherwise, I will never spoon another set on.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Getting the Conti Road Attack put on the bike Friday and I was wondering what everyone was running for a PSI with this tire? 33 PSI front and 36 PSI rear?

Comment

Working...
                          X