X

Any Ideas???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas???

ok so I have a 95 600. it runs pretty decent but i have an issue i need help with.

When I first start the bike in the morning or afternoon,it doesnt matter which as long as the bike isnt warmed. it runs like a scalded dog. goes all the way through the rpms from start to redline with no probs. however when it warms up it developes a studder at about 3k which goes away at 4k and then again at 8k that goes away at 10k. i have a k&n air box not the pods and vance and hines exhaust not a jardine like i originally thought. these were on the bike when i got them. any ideas guys. i love this bike it is unbelievably comfortable and really shocks the hell out of me with the power when it is running right. i think i may also have some different gearing than stock cause i can pull the front tire up with very little effort and no clutch in first.(not something i do often at all) thanks for the help
    If you truly want to be different...just be yourself.

If you can't stand the heat...become a cop
    Proud to be one of America's Bravest

Aftermarket exhaust, slip on????...Aftermarket air filter....= Jet kit?????

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
      Aftermarket exhaust, slip on????...Aftermarket air filter....= Jet kit?????
      I have no idea if it has a jet kit or not. I dont even know how to tell if the exhaust is a slip on or not???? Yeah im somewhat clueless on this sorry

Comment

Well start here. Everyone is going to tell you to ditch the filter and go with the factory air box. If you have a slip-on installed there is no need for a jet kit. The only way I found out why my bike was running the way you are describing I soaked my foam air filter with gas then ran the bike. It ran like a top until all the excess gas was sucked out of the foam filter then went back to crap. That directed me here and then to the carbs for a jet kit. Any pic's of the exhaust?

Comment

Well start here. Everyone is going to tell you to ditch the filter and go with the factory air box. If you have a slip-on installed there is no need for a jet kit. The only way I found out why my bike was running the way you are describing I soaked my foam air filter with gas then ran the bike. It ran like a top until all the excess gas was sucked out of the foam filter then went back to crap. That directed me here and then to the carbs for a jet kit. Any pic's of the exhaust?
          I have a pic in my profile that shows the exhaust side but its not a close i can take on though without a prob if need be.

Comment

I looked at the pic and can't tell what it is. Have you tried any adjustments on the a/f screws? sync the carbs yet? Clean the carbs? I'm trying to give you some no cost or low cost solutions before you go and spend a ton of cash on stuff that isn't necessary .
            Last edited by Kfreak; 05-16-2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I looked at the pic and can't tell what it is. Have you tried any adjustments on the a/f screws? sync the carbs yet? Clean the carbs? I'm trying to give you some no cost or low cost solutions before you go and spend a ton of cash on stuff that isn't necessary .
              I will get a better pic posted of my exhaust. Thanks for the help I gotta go to a tee-ball game for now so it will have to wait

Comment

Since he has single exhaust on a pre, I would think it was a full exhaust as the pres came with duals. The next step would be to put the stock air filter in and see if you still have the problems.

Comment

yea that's a vance and hines s22r full exhaust i got the same thing on mine but ur missin the decal on it

Comment

not all the pres had dual exhaust
                    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Since you have aftermarket stuff you may want to look into the carbs to see if there was a jet kit installed. If there was, find out what kit it is and what exactly the settings on the a/f screws and the needle height. Just to verify if it is installed right. Try and work with what you have. Clean the carb's if you can and get them sync'd. The important thing to do is verify what you have before you spend.

Comment

Working...
                      X