X

winter tyre choice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter tyre choice

Hi all, my current maxxis supermaxx rear is now bald, winter is more or less here in Wales and I'm considering buying a Michelin Anakee enduring tyre. Same rating as my current tyre. I work on a farm up a mountain. The maxxis is great usually and when conditions allow I use all of the tyre. I get about 4,000 miles (3 months). Price is about the same but the Snakes looks like it'll last longer and grip better but I don't know. Any opinions?
    sigpic

no experience with the anakee, I see that the front tire only comes in 19" and 21" so if youre looking into buying the front tire as well in the future thats going to be a problem. other than that Ive had good experience with the pilot road 4 in wet, and snow once lol. currently still commuting with them and its just above freezing temps here in oslo in the mornings these days.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

+1 for PR4. Ridden in the rain a few times, 0 issues. Had 0 issues with PR3s with lots of rain. No icy/snowy conditions in my area though so can't speak about that.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
      X