GSX1100F Project - Streetfighterish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J = year code for '88 right?

No idea, but I know they do 89-93

Look up a parts fiche at bikebandit or ronayers - centerstand should be on the same page as the sidestand. I'd recommend verifying that on say a '92 fiche first just in case im misremembering. If that's the case, find where it actually is for that year, then look in the same place for an '88
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Will take a look at some stage while meant to be working. Yeah fj is 87/88.

To more pressing matters, some idiot over tightened the sump bolt. Probably me. I'm going to have to tap it to 15mm aren't I lol.

edit: made a separate thread for this issue.
      Last edited by knk; 02-07-2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

So received my mirrors a few days ago. Went to fit them last night and didn't get too far. They look like a fairly standard mirror but the Mount holes have been moved to line up with the fj. Unfortunately, the base doesn't sit into the fairing so I need to remove the mounting block from the old mirror and use that. The base of the new mirrors are wider than the blocks so it'll look a little odd. They also didn't come with bolts, so I need to track down some M6x110 or so bolts locally which won't be too easy.

On a positive note though, I pressure washed the chain guard and fitted it and took the bike for a quick test ride. All controls, dash speedo etc are working and brakes feel good. Overall I'm ready to take this thing in for registration once I have my mirrors fitted.

Comment

Mirrors are on, not really happy with them. They are the widest point of the bike.

Aim of the game right now is to ride the bike though, so they're going to have to do for now.

Can't be bothered using photobucket right now so these for now:

Comment

Been a little quiet here, but here's an update anyway.

Roadworthy certificate done and club inspection / paperwork is complete. Should pick up my plates tomorrow and be on the road .

Comment

Just an update for anyone listening.

Bikes on the road, well not really since I just ripped the handlebars off....but it was!

The power behind this bike is ridiculous, I've come from riding a vz800 Marauder to this and the difference is phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
              X