• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage kats

wheres all the vintage kats?

what year are you looking for ?

Comment

OH MAN!!!
      Good thing we don't act like the wonks at Katana Central!

Welcome to KR. We are, mostly about the GSX-F.
      But a few of our members have the fist gen Kats...

Comment

Well I a have an 82 kat 1100 and when I see or hear vintage I think first gen.
        Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by dave f
          Well I a have an 82 kat 1100 and when I see or hear vintage I think first gen.
          Dave.
          Dave....(also my name)
          this is a realtively new section...created for owners of the first generation bikes, like the 82 1100 (which I have also).

It is up to us to help grow this small group.

Where you from?
          Post up a picture or two of your ride!

Welcome

Comment

Tell me how to post a photo and I'll let you feast your eyes on mines.

Comment

Im from Wyandotte Michigan. were you at?

Comment

dave....is that you? the same dave who bought my kat?

type "imageshack" in google then host your pics there. I am anxious to see the transformation.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yeah its me the bikes coming along good waiting for painter to get finished I will post some pics when it is done.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    dave....is that you? the same dave who bought my kat?

type "imageshack" in google then host your pics there. I am anxious to see the transformation.
                    Is this the story of the poor guy who got stopped at the border because the Speedo was in Km?
                    1994 Naked Katana 600
                    Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

Yes Im that guy let me tell you that was one intresting couple of days I drove roughly 22 hours round trip from my place to Mojoe`s and by the way he is really cool, customes would`nt let me cross the border so I have to go back into windsor stach the bike go home and get a speedo assembley of an old harley tapped and zip tied it on the bike and after 4 hours of dicking around they let me cross.
                      Dave

Comment

Yes Im that guy let me tell you that was one intresting couple of days I drove roughly 22 hours round trip from my place to Mojoe`s and by the way he is really cool, customes would`nt let me cross the border so I have to go back into windsor stach the bike go home and get a speedo assembley of an old harley tapped and zip tied it on the bike and after 4 hours of dicking around they let me cross.
                        Dave
                        That is truly surreal. I can't help but wonder what kind of genius thought this would be a good idea. Is it illegal for a Canadian to take a day trip to the US on a Canadian-spec bike?
                        1994 Naked Katana 600
                        Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

Mojoe`s is really cool

nice try....I have met him

A friend just bought a bike locally (in Ottawa). It used to be owned in New York....speedo was in MPH....bit of a pain, but he had no problem getting it registered. You Americans are just paranoid.

now hurry up and post some pictures.

Comment

Once I got past customes I had a title in hand within a week it was just coming into U.S. with it the way it was they said it was`nt D.O.T certified.
                            But I have a 85 gsxr that is a canadian bike and it was already titled in michigan when I bought it.
                            Dave.

Comment

Dave
                              Yeah , Mojoe told us the story .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X