No announcement yet.
X

Clutch push rod won't fully install!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch push rod won't fully install!!!

Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

On left side of engine, rod runs from mechanical screw mechanism through engine case.

The rod won't fully install, and when pushed, it won't even move in to release clutch spring tension.

This is a 2001 Katana 750 engine, which came out of a running/driving bike.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the same rod that came from the engine? How much of it sticks out of the case when you've got it installed?
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      Are you using the same rod that came from the engine? How much of it sticks out of the case when you've got it installed?
      Yes, same rod. About 2", I'll get a definite mesurement in the morning. This has ****ed me off.

Comment

2"??? something isn't right. when the rod is exposed I would doubt you could push it in by hand as it is quite a bit of pressure to separate the plates. Can you get the cover back on to see if the wom gear will function?
        "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Holocene View Post
          On left side of engine, rod runs from mechanical screw mechanism through engine case.

The rod won't fully install, and when pushed, it won't even move in to release clutch spring tension.
          Just I understand you, you are installing the rod from the left side, where the clutch cable enters the sprocket cover, through the engine to the actual clutch basket; part #18?

Part #19 alone looks like it could be 2", so you may have a double rod in there.

If so, even if you have one rod of each, part #18 is being installed backwards. The rod installs from the clutch basket side toward part #21.

One end of part #18 has what looks like a flattened + which presses against part #20.

If no, than need more info.

Last edited by squiggy; 07-20-2008, 10:14 PM.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
          X