X

fuel sendin unit troubleshooting.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel sendin unit troubleshooting.....

I installed a used fuel sending unit on my 600f 93 kat, and im not registering anything on the fuel qty gauge, if I short the cables that come from the gauge the needle stars to go up all the way to full, so I know thats not the problem, I want to mesause the ohms on the cables that come from the sending unit, how manu ohms on the lower side and on the high side shoud I get? Thanks! Harry

Are you sure you have the wires connected correctly? Have you tried swapping them?

Comment

Yes!

Comment

are you using a stock gauge? I don't remember the low and high values for the fuel gauge, but I know no after market one I have found matched that of the kat.

are you sure the gauge even works? once you find the right values, could get a resister and connect them between the two posts on the fuel gauge to check and see if it works. ( i am not good with electronics, i guess that will work)

another question....why are you replacing the gauge? the last one not work? just might be something else.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Your sending unit in the tank is bad. Your gauge is working. If you shorted the wires and the needle rises, the gauge is ok. I have the same problem. I just pop the cap and look in. If you placed a used unit in, that is probably bad.

Comment

I agree with these guys...the gauge is likely working fine but the "new" used sending unit you installed is probably junk. Did you buy it on e-bay?

Comment

Yes I did buyed it on ebay!

Comment

Working...
              X