X

Dunlop D205

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop D205

That's what my bike is sporting right now and I don't care for them...the rubber compound is simply too hard for how I ride my bike for me to feel comfortable.

I'm sure somebody out there that tours more and dives into curves less may have a use for the set though...they are long wearing tires, I'm assuming, given the construct of them and they only have about 800 miles on them. I would rate them at a solid 90-95% tread life remaining.

Motorcycle Superstore has the rear at $145 and the front at $115 new...so what do you think I should ask for the set used?
    2006 GSX750F
    Yoshimura RS-3
    Corbin Seat
    Givi Monokey V46 Top Case
    sigpic

It's a harley tire, if you can get $75, be happy, very happy, but expect $50.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
      It's a harley tire, if you can get $75, be happy, very happy, but expect $50.
      Which leads me to my next question...the manufacturer calls for this exact tire to be mounted on the bike per OEM recommendation (the D205s) and it's labeled as such right near the chain guard...so what gives?

What is a Harley tire recommended by the manufacturer and even doing on this bike when it is quite obviously not up to par with a much sportier bike of this caliber?
      2006 GSX750F
      Yoshimura RS-3
      Corbin Seat
      Givi Monokey V46 Top Case
      sigpic

Comment

Because they put the cheapest tires on from the factory that they could find...it's a cheap bike...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Someone will buy them because they need them to pass a state inspection cheaply...
          -2000 "750"

Comment

OEM tires are garbage. Lowest bidder gets the contract.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
            X