X

Pit Bull Stem pin size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Bull Stem pin size

I was wondering if anyone knew the correct pin size to use with a Pit Bull stem stand. I have a 2001 Kat 600.....61K miles.....original clutch.....clean as can be....always mistaken for much newer by non Kat owners!

Std. Pin

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Ok....I know that but what size or number is the standard pin? I am currently using a number 4 pin with a number 1 sleeve on it. Can I use a number 5 pin? I am borrowing this stuff from a guy and I'm going to purchase the stand on line and I want to get the correct pin the first time around. Thanks.

Comment

When you order, there is a pdf you can look at. The Std. Pin is the one that is required. There is no number associated with it.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

He is correct no number. It is a std pin and you will have to have the sleeve. If not the fron part of the plastics will rest on the top part of the stand.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks......I was just trying to find if I could order one pin to do the job but looks like the standard plus the sleeve. The #4 pin with the sleeve is snug enough to lift without hitting the plastic just fine.....for this one time use to take off the front wheel. Thanks for your help!

Comment

If you are only gonna use it once why not just use the centerstand with some weight on the seat?
              Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
              Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                If you are only gonna use it once why not just use the centerstand with some weight on the seat?

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Well......For the first time since I bought the bike I am changing my tires myself. Got the back one mounted and balanced with dyna beads. I even replaced the wheel bearings and cush drive bearing. I know these are simple things to you guys but it's a first for me. I want to buy the stand for future work on the front end like the next tire change. While I'm at it.....I want you to know I got just over 19K on this set of tires. I'm using Metzler Roadtech Z6's. Got over 17K on the previous 2 sets. The new one I put on the rear myself 2 weeks ago is a Road Attack. Same for the front tomorrow. I figure I'll have the bike till I die so might as well invest in a good front stand....that's all. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X