Yoke nut size for a RAM GPS mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoke nut size for a RAM GPS mount

Hi there,

I'm buying a RAM yoke nut mount for my GPS since there is no clearance on the handlebars .. now everywhere I've looked they list the nut size for the post kat 600f "year 2000" as being M24 x 1.5mm, but I measured the diameter of mine and it's 22mm, and I guess the thread pinch is 1mm and not 1.5.

The M22 x 1.0mm is listed for the 750F 98-02, not for the 600

So why does my bike have the yoke nut specs of a 750? or am I measuring it wrong?

This is the product I'm interested in LINK

Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
    Hi there,

I'm buying a RAM yoke nut mount for my GPS since there is no clearance on the handlebars .. now everywhere I've looked they list the nut size for the post kat 600f "year 2000" as being M24 x 1.5mm, but I measured the diameter of mine and it's 22mm, and I guess the thread pinch is 1mm and not 1.5.

The M22 x 1.0mm is listed for the 750F 98-02, not for the 600

So why does my bike have the yoke nut specs of a 750? or am I measuring it wrong?

This is the product I'm interested in LINK

The nut needs a 30mm socket on my 750F. I've had my existing nut drilled by www.telferizer.com for 24.50 UK pounds.
    This includes the drilling the nut, the mount that screws into it and UK postage. Bob Telfer is a diamond geezer.

Comment

didn't know about telferizer but I've already resolved this, the 600 too has a 30mm nut size, and the stalk thread is M22 x 1.0mm

Comment

Is this nut needed? Is it functional? When I took it off it doesn't seem to hold anything in place.

Comment

Yes, you need a nut there. It secures the upper triple and stem nut in place.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
            on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
            or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

You can save yourself some money buying this and drilling your existing nut :

ebay RAM ball
            2005 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
            X