X

common issues with 2001 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• common issues with 2001 katana 600

I just finished the MSF course today and will be looking at a 2001 Katana 600 later on today. The bike has 13k miles and I was wondering what are some common issues to look for on this bike before purchasing?

Originally posted by blac9927 View Post
    I just finished the MSF course today and will be looking at a 2001 Katana 600 later on today. The bike has 13k miles and I was wondering what are some common issues to look for on this bike before purchasing?

Nothing really other than the basics of running right, and looking for PO stupidity on customizations that aren't well done or safe. If it's all stock, and runs good... your good to go. Generally speaking.

Good tires, good chain, so on... that's for any bike purchase.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

They are great - but just watch for leaks around the stator gasket - I had to replace mine fairly quickly at about the same mileage - always keep an eye on the oil, period!

Comment

Working...
      X