X

fuel tank/ air tank HELP and info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel tank/ air tank HELP and info

i was going thru my trusty hanes manual and i seen a hose coming off the bottom of the fuel tank called the breather tube/ hose. its not any hose comeing from the petcock, its actually coming from the tank itself and my question is, where does the other end of that hose go to/ come from because my bike doesnt have it. and there is a drain hole on the bottom of the air box and the manual shows a hose coming from that too but my bikle dont have that hose either. where does the other end go too. im really homing this might be one of the reasons my bike wont fire...help me out guys...
    '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

i believe the hose from your tank is overflow, and the one on the airbox i believe i read some where that it was overflow for somewhere in the engine...but neither of them should affect your bike not firing.

is it turning over at all, or are you getting nothing when pressing the starter?

Comment

it will try and turn over and almost does but it just doesnt get there. i have been going thru the whole thing but it just isnt working. im gunna try starter fluid next, to try and eliminate my options. its hard to explain where this problem started but my previous posts tell the reason why its not working. im at a loss and desperate

Comment

i know when my battery needed charged, it would still turn over but just not catch. i had to take it off and charge it for a couple hours. So my first thing would be check battery. It can drain pretty quick when continuously trying to fire.

Then next time you go to fire it up, make sure choke is on, and as you press the starter button, try bouncing your hand on and off the exhaust hole. should help with building some back pressure. If it hasn't been fired up in a while she might just be a little fussy.

hope that works for ya

Comment

im trying everything. ive been reading and reading. im going to try some stuff tomorrow and will be posting my progress...

Comment

that's just a drain hose. It connects to nothing. I can tell you why your bike won't fire in my opinion. It's one of three things, and this is not my opinion. Either battery needs a charge, spark plugs are fouled or the pilot jets are dirty. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, since two are obvious, I'd guess the pilot jets are clogged.

Comment

Sounds like your battery needs some help.

Jump it with a car OFF and see if that helps push the started a little more.

Comment

Working...
              X